Defending the Outpost

JarrenDrahn

Does Ahroun no longer drop anything? I noticed after I killed him he didn't drop any boss loot. I thought maybe it was an outpost defender that got the final blow? So I reloaded and killed him myself with no help and still nothing.

Trace Da Cruz

Maybe you reloaded from a quick save?

If you did, the loot from him will not change, something similar happened to me with the orc quest, only that I got killed in the road, when loaded (from quick save) I didn't got anything this time...

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Ahroun has a CHANCE to drop gear. Not guarantee what, if anything, he drops.

Re-loading to re-roll drops is considered an exploit and as such is a prohibited topic under forum rules. Also several updates ago, game mechanics were updated to prevent re-rollling.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Indeed. Ahroun has no unique, guaranteed drops.

And his boss gear (humanoid boss) isn't worth worrying about. Nothing in that pile you won't get elsewhere.

JarrenDrahn

Ah, didn't realise it was just ordinary boss loot and not guaranteed. I wasn't trying to reload for specific drops, I know they're fixed anyway. I just thought it was bugged because he didn't drop anything. Now I know better.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Other boss tables typically have a list of relatively low probability items, but also one or two 100% guaranteed drops: usually Scroll of Recall and some Gold; and a number of them have an additional 99% to drop a Potion of Lesser Restoration. So most boss drops usually have at least a small loot pile of something.

Humanoid boss drops are an exception in that they're only low-ish probability items, so it's entirely possible for them to drop nothing.