Death of initiate

Zbignev Drotav

Hi guys! Please tell me how to find a Silver axe. I can't complete the Death of an initiate quest without it. The axe is not in the inventory, and the log says that it has already been found. Where can I find it?

BOSTACH

Hi guys! Please tell me how to find a Silver axe. I can't complete the Death of an initiate quest without it. The axe is not in the inventory, and the log says that it has already been found. Where can I find it?
Where did you find it btw it's not an axe it's a mace

VDX_360

Staff member
The Wiki for the quest is here.

The Silvery Mace has the standard mace icon, but it's white.

The Silvery Mace drops from killing the unique enemy Initiate Glaydan, who is found at night in the center of the patch of dead wood near Kingsbridge (note, the small patch, not the main forest).

If the journal says you've already found it, than it means you have it in your inventory (backpack, TownHall Vault, Bag of Holding... etc), or you've sold it.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I thought it was difficult to see quest items but you could destroy them by putting them in containers that respawn?

VDX_360

Staff member
I would have to double check witch quest items can be left in a loot bag, lost, sold, dropped, tossed into a chest and zapped away.....

I wonder if he killed the ghost, but didn't pick up the mace from the loot bag? Or sold after he did? He could check the area again at night to see if the initiate's ghost re-spawns????

Duck123

Loreseeker
I ran into an issue where if you don’t kill the ghost it doesn’t drop the mace(for example if seargent dumek kills it) it’s possible that’s what happened hear

Commiades

I had this issue with Myrso yesterday. I retreated from the toxic cloud and Hirge landed the killing blow; there was no loot dropped. Had to do the whole Crypt run again!

VDX_360

Staff member
That's odd.... the loot drop should occur the same, regardless if the Companion or the Player lands the killing blow.

There's a possibility that NPC guards killing enemies might cause issue (checking it now). Ever notice that you don't get XP when a Guard kills something? But that shouldn't apply to Companion kills....