Damage per second changed

Sberry78

Hi there. I have really been enjoying EK. IAM currently a rogue level 22 and just noticed that my DPS has gone from 45.5 when I was level 20 to 40.8 now at level 22. I have the same traits and weapon configuration that would effect DPS. Strength 6, endurance 5, agility 8. Weapons used are an offhand gauche of shadows and the troll cleaver. I took screenshots in the past before leveling up or enhancing traits so I could analyze the difference.

As a rogue it has been difficult to find good armour and weapons​ and this configuration has been the best I could come up with. Like I mentioned, I just noticed this change as I have been saving up some trait points and was about to cash some in for another strength bump when I noticed this change. It probably occurred within the past two or three weeks.

Hopefully rogue hasn't been intentionally nerfed. I look forward to learning the cause of this issue.

Thank you,
Steven

VDX_360

Staff member
Update v.0.9.982 corrected the display calculation but did not lower, reduce or nerf actual damage dealt (or shouldn't have).

Prior to the update, the displayed DPS was higher than the real DPS due to an error with how critical damage was taking into consideration DPS calculation. For most builds, the error was small, for some critical attack based builds the error was quite noticeable.

Roukan

Loreseeker
One possibility, are you using STR gloves or 1 STR belt while using a light weapon? Single point STR increments that result in odd numbered STR totals don't add anything in such situations.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hey Steven,

First, I totally deleted your STR question while attempting to move it to it's own thread to make it easier to track. Sorry about that.

Your post:

"Thanks for the response. I don't know if I should post this as a new question or not, but here it goes. I just used 6 trait points to increase strength and there was no change. My points have been taken and the extra strength level is shown, however no increase in health or damage has been applied to my character. This is a major issue. I saved the game prior to spending those points but I won't play until the issue is resolved because any progress I make will be pointless considering I would just return to that saved point. Please let me know if this is an isolated incident or other players have reported the same issue."

If you raised your STR from 5 to 6, which takes 6 trait points, you SHOULD have triggered the 2 HP bonus from having STR 6 (total STR HP bonus 3HP/level). Also SHOULD have seen a damage bonus based on type of weapon (2H, 1H, Light).

If you were ALREADY wearing equipment to raise STR (like the gloves mentioned in the above post), than your total STR should have been 6 at the start (base 5 +1), and 7 at the end (base 6 +1). However, because of the way the game handles half-a-point increases, the following applies:
*A player only gets HP bonus from STR every two points (2,4,6,8,etc). Nothing for odd numbers.
*Weird rounding can occur for weapons that only get a half-point increase (like light weapons).

So, the questions needed to more forward are:
1) What was your base stats?
2) What is your equipment (including weapon type and trait increasing stuff).

I'm hoping it's something silly but if there's an issue, it could be bad, which is why I wanted to move the post into it's own thread.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The best would be a screenshot of your character, and as you have an earlier save, another from pre-increase of STR.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Sberry78":evndapa3 said:
I just used 6 trait points to increase strength and there was no change. My points have been taken and the extra strength level is shown, however no increase in health or damage has been applied to my character.
When you say you invested 6 trait points, I guess you raised STR from 2 to 3 (1+2+3=6 trait points needed). This means you have an odd number, so there will be no gain in HP (as the description says, you only get 1 HP/level every 2 levels of STR). If you further use a light weapon, then only +0.5 will be added to your damage. As was said before, half points are just clipped and you will see no net benefit. If, however, you use a normal or 2-handed weapon, then you definitely should see a gain in damage.