Damage color coding

Eliadann

Hi there,

This is half a question, half a feedback. I am concerned with how color coded are damage numbers. Right now I am guessing this:

Physical damage
Poison damage
Death damage
Cold damage
Fire damage
Special damage

IF you have a way to deliver fire or cold damage, it is relatively easy to find out which enemies resist or have vulnerability by looking at these damage numbers. In case you don´t have such a way, you are blind on this.

Now the big deal is with physical resistance (might be simply armor value). I´ve read somewhere (but I cannot find it) that many enemies have this resistance, which is a way to put high damage hitters (two handers, STR warriors, etc..) above faster hitters with low damage. I mean, it is not only about DPS, the harder you hit, the better because your DPS will be less hampered. Questions:

This physical resistance (or armor) could be displayed somehow when fighting, next to the numbers that are already displayed? Or we are expected to guess it same as we do with other resistances? (I am afraid the second ;) )

Taking into account all of this "potential lore" of the monsters, I wonder if additional ranks of the gossip skill could be improved with this, in a way that by gossiping you could learn not only quest related hints, but also lore of the monsters of the region you´re adventuring in. Maybe not just in taverns, but also by fighting them, or a mix of both, dunno.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

- Elia

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
As I understand, we will have library info available in later versions of game, and also wiki part of the site where we will see info like this.

In library, we will have all information about any monster we had encountered so far, or so I understood.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Eliadann":3i8pji5w said:
Now the big deal is with physical resistance (might be simply armor value). I´ve read somewhere (but I cannot find it) that many enemies have this resistance, which is a way to put high damage hitters (two handers, STR warriors, etc..) above faster hitters with low damage. I mean, it is not only about DPS, the harder you hit, the better because your DPS will be less hampered. Questions:

This physical resistance (or armor) could be displayed somehow when fighting, next to the numbers that are already displayed? Or we are expected to guess it same as we do with other resistances? (I am afraid the second ;) )

Settings > Show combat log.

You'll see exactly how much is substracted from each hit... physical damage is mitigated by armor alone, there's no other value to resist it (ghosts have huge armor)

And indeed when the Library is out, or the Wiki, you'll be able to check it in detail, but the combat log has most of the information you need.