COVID-19 and the future of the Invisible Swamp Donkey?

VDX_360

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, whose wearing a mask these days? And if Developer David gets ill, who takes over the development of either Archaelund, or Exiled Kingdoms? Oh, don't mistake my question for emotional concern. I just need to know if the habitat for the Invisible Swamp Donkey will be complete. If not, going to have to find a new safe haven for everyone's favorite non-existent marsh mammal. I was considering Fallout, but man, do they blow that world up. I tried Mario World, but Yoshi kept eating him. So, yes the world of EK is the best candidate for a big enough nature reserve for the Invisible Swamp Donkey to repopulate to stable levels.

(Author's note, I wish I could say this was a drunk post, but nope, this is all quarantine madness.)

I'm buying a custom jelly fish mask tomorrow. Buying a few, actually. They're real popular with the ladies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Your concern for the Invisible Swamp Donkey and its natural habitat is touching, but you should know it takes more than a virus to stop Swampdonkeys' migration to the new Promised Land.

It's lucky (and at the same time a little sad to admit) that my life is largely unaffected by this crisis. I miss hiking, I miss meeting a few friends and family, but work is the same and business is just as before. I already lived mostly confined since 2015 when EK became my only job. I'm also fortunate to have a fun family to live with, so I'm not growing insane and making Archaelund (even more) sadistically hard.

VDX_360

Staff member
I got a ten mile hike in today (only found one morel, so alas on that). Most of the more popular trails are closed, but a few of the low key, trails are open. I avoided water trails as they tend to have more people. My two person group had the trail all to our selves. Not very common in May.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I got a ten mile hike in today (only found one morel, so alas on that). Most of the more popular trails are closed, but a few of the low key, trails are open. I avoided water trails as they tend to have more people. My two person group had the trail all to our selves. Not very common in May.

Over here we can only walk 1km away from home, and that under a restricted schedule. Looks like things will soon become easier though.

VDX_360

Staff member
I live in an area still getting large, 60+ person outbreaks.

This is just weird times.