Counting of DPS

Vaaclav

Translator
I suppose that DPS means Damage per second.

Also it is clear that weapon with lower basic damage may have higher DPS. But there is one thing that is a bit strange to me:

Thunder
Damage: 4-5, speed 11, +3 Shock

Bluesteel hammer
Damage: 4-7, speed 11

My cleric has +4 to light weapons, so, final weapon stats are

Thunder: Damage: 8-9
Bluesteel hammer: Damage 8-11

but why Bluesteel hammer have lower DPS? (I really think that bonus attack +3 Shock should not be included into DPS)

Azog

I really think that bonus attack +3 Shock should not be included into DPS
Why? Otherwise everyone always has to calculate and add the element dmg. Also dont forget criticals since they are also included into dps.

Vaaclav

Translator
Azog":dsn9vfqg said:
Why? Otherwise everyone always has to calculate and add the element dmg. Also dont forget criticals since they are also included into dps.
At least, there should be written basic DPS - and after also DPS with elemental increasing.

Because creatures may be immune or resistant to some elements - for example, Lady Xidar and her Tiara of the heavens that gives her resistance to shock.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Resistances and weaknesses need to be considered by the player not spelled out in game... and when factoring DPS all damage, from attributes, skills, and the weapon with its base and elemental are factored.

If you know you normally do X damage and suddenly are doing less. That Y damage means there is something special going on... time to switch weapons and try something else.

Azog

Because creatures may be immune or resistant to some elements - for example, Lady Xidar and her Tiara of the heavens that gives her resistance to shock.
Resistance has nothing to do with the dps rating. I see your point that you want more information, but i think it only would overload the statscreen and thats not necessary. The dps rating of your average dmg is an simple orientation for you. Choosing the right weapon in the right situation is something you have to do on your own.