Could use 2 simple adjustments

Molokot

First i would like to play on hard WITH saves.
And 2nd - town hall quest have prohibitive time limits to do them on low levels when you actualy are supposed to do them.
As it is now i only do mandatory ones for rep to unlock quests and they cost much more than give rewards.
Its a pity because it is unused content that is quite good. So simply extending time limits on them to 8 days would do the trick.

VDX_360

Staff member
One can save on Hard. Do you mean saving INSIDE dungeons?

Town Hall Quests have been a bit neglected compared to the rest of the content. As more stuff got added to the game, Town Hall Quests and Rumor Bosses became less vital to the game. A Longer time limit, or more frequent useful rumors would help Town Hall Quest be more relevant to an average play through.

Molokot

Yes i mean saving inside dungeons on hard mode. Call it casual + or whatever.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I don't understand this, Townhall Quests have a HUGE amount of time for them even if it's only a few days. The trick is not to accept too many at once, that way you might get helpful rumours for the same one over and over. The only time I've ever had one time-out was my very first playthrough. I love TH quests. I don't even use Teleport to get to them, it doesn't take many in-game hours to walk to places (including to more Taverns). Using the Wiki to familiarise yourself with Townhall quest locations will help.

Molokot

Well the game is not supposed to be played using wiki. Old players who know a lot about game can overcome some dificulities, but it is supposed to be doable for average new player . And it isnt. Even if i do them sometimes for fun need to use 2 teleport scrolls(and you cant afford them at low levels) so it cost over 1k + buying rumours. And sometimes need to teleport to more places because rumours can be "dried out" so cost increases even more.
Post automatically merged:    

I think it would be cool if those mercenary guys you encounter randomly was ocasionaly on town quest and will share it with you if u hire them, but this isnt simple adjustment :D

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
My first playthrough I didn't use the Wiki. I learnt on the move. (For that reason I've kept out of 1.3 discussions until I've seen the updated content raw). I wouldn't dream of using Teleport at low level, I agree about that. But you can walk. Walk walk walk. At the very low level your Townhall quests is Lannegar. You have an inn there, another at Rhöneis Plains, one at Kingsbridge and two more at New Garand. That's five inns in a straightforward walk. And don't forget, the more you walk the more random combat on the road you get and that is a very quick way to raise levels.