How to? coral snakes doesn't drop anything

How to do something?
Platform
Android

OdinAllfather

i slaughtered the map and the cave under... i have a lot of giant mamba fangs tho. i cant complete the quest about the fangs pls help. am i doing smth wrong bec i m now lvl 18... does the lvl changes the drop rate or something?

VDX_360

Staff member
The fang drops are notoriously unlucky. They got improved in a recent update but still fangs annoying to get.

Best of luck.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The drop rate is 8%. My maths is shoddy but I think that means you can slaughter two dozen of them and still only be Heads/Tails bracket unlucky not to have found one.

Keep killing, keep killing, keep killing - it'll arrive, even if its later rather than sooner.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I was about to be clever with you and say items can be less common in EK than some games.

However, I checked through the stats: Chitin Carapace is a nominal 12% or 20%, Fire Drake scales a nominal 30%, and also Minotaur Axe is listed as Uncommon when it's REALLY common if you go into Minotaur areas, etc. etc. etc. So basically the Wiki isn't hugely consistent when it comes to Common v Uncommon and you might have a case this is an Uncommon item.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Wiki could be better with listing for useful rarities. Drop rates, frequency of enemies that can drop it, etc.

The snake drop rates seem low. It's like pulling teeth to get all the snake fangs you need.

Invector

Something that has always irked me is the piss-poor amount of money Kalis pays for fangs. As difficult as three coral snake fangs are to come by they aught to be worth a hell of a lot more.

Trace Da Cruz

Something that has always irked me is the piss-poor amount of money Kalis pays for fangs. As difficult as three coral snake fangs are to come by they aught to be worth a hell of a lot more.
Even further, she goes just like Gilmour, giving you the boots that could have been handy during the quest, not after it, but on the bright side, you can get more gold if you collect three of each, and you are properly equipped this time, and there's more snakes in the new area...

VDX_360

Staff member
Kalis used to pay LESS than what regularly merchants would pay, so that was -fixed- in an update. She still is on the cheap side.... But you know, she is a thief and assassin... so I guess not killing you is her idea of good client service?

The jungle boots are very useful in a few parts of the game -- namely where a lot of toxic damage is involved. So they're not as useless as a certain pair of lab gloves.