Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Public domain maybe? I'm not a developer, but the idea/principles of a wiki (or Wikimedia) is public domain. There are no pictures or Text which is licensed. So as far it's used for knowledge, that should be free for all.

(no guarantees, just how I think about it)

VDX_360

Staff member
Thread locked.

Legal discussions are beyond the scope of this forum. This question will be discussed internally and a more nuanced response MIGHT be forthcoming.

Please note that copyrights vary between countries and includes what is, or is not copyrighted and what can constitute fair use.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... disclaimer

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks VDX, here's the requested clarification.

As a collaborative free project the Wiki content is public domain, but of course there might be other content on the wiki that might be under other copyright restrictions (art, for instance) and anyone wishing to publish elsewhere it should be the one specifically clearing up any possible copyright restrictions.

Normal "fan" use, linking and/or quoting is very much accepted and even welcome. Feel free to make your own guides and put them up on your website or in Steam, using text from the wiki. On the other hand, anyone trying to gain advantage of the wiki for commercial profit (i.e, an exact copy of the EK wiki sold as paid app) could be facing legal action from me, on trademark usage grounds. Exiled Kingdoms is a registered trademark in the US and other countries. I am not keen on using trademarks to "opress" or silence people, but certainly I won't tolerate anyone making money off the wiki editors' hard and altruistic effort.

In case of doubt, I can be reached at [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.