Congratulations David.

A Shady Traveler

Loreseeker
Exiled Kingdoms is a combination of fluid mechanics and good story-telling that worked. It's amazing how a mobile RPG, with outdated graphics and developed by one single person managed to be so immersive and to win over many fans in an era of Skyrim. And all this with only 100mb and without consuming much of the battery

Since I joined this forum not long ago, I witnessed David accomplish many goals and community requests which culminated in 1.2 version, like PC portability, controller gameplay, the long awaited Mage Class, an exciting ending quest, company quests, helmet visible on character's head...

I understand that from now on David will have to focus in other projects, like "Andoria's recolonization" (sequel?), but it would be nice if, in a much slower rythim, you didn't abandon EK at all. I still want to put my feet in Elder Forest someday and visit the home of our green fellows Varannari.

p4ran0id

Staff member
A Shady Traveler":dmv0ikod said:
I understand that from now on David will have to focus in other projects, like "Andoria's recolonization" (sequel?), but it would be nice if, in a much slower rythim, you didn't abandon EK at all. I still want to put my feet in Elder Forest someday and visit the home of our green fellows Varannari.

FULL ACK! About the quote, I hope David will manage the last 1% to build the API for DLC and Mods. That way the community can do the rest and keep the game alive. It's only a little step left to make an awesome game incredible ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16066#p49650

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, it has been an intense year! Looking back through the changelog, a year ago places such as the Ashen Wastes or the Ark didn't even exist, and 13 months ago even Friguld only existed inside my head and the translations were a fantasy. Look at everything in place now!

I know I did a lot of work and some of it I'm proud of, but you know, what really gives me a great feeling of accomplishment is seeing my work translated by volunteers across the globe. It tells me I've made people care about the game in a unique way, and what else is there for a creator? If I'm lucky I might make bigger or better games in the future (I hope so!) but there's the possibility I'll never be able to "move" an audience like this again, because nobody is smart enough to know the success formula. For that I'll always appreciate this moment and be grateful to the community.

As for future EK development... whenever I tell my wife "this time for real, I tell you EK is complete!" she just laughs. At least until next summer, the chances of more content are very slim, that much I can say. After that... we'll see! I'd really like to make the whole Varannar map. I'm a bit burned out because I feel the engine and mechanics have reached its limits, but I still want to tell the stories going on in all those places.

RougeRogue

Congratualtions, David. You've made something seriously great, and the wonderful community that has come together through that is also a rare suprise.

I'm looking forward to your next game and further adventures through this world you've envisaged.

If you can find time to sort out modding for EK, it'd be a great continuation of EK whille you carry on with your next challlenge. One day we might have a series of games and mods for EK like a mobile elder scrolls series. lets dream big, right :D

p4ran0id

Staff member
About documentation, maybe the community can help you here. Just make a draft and we try to ordering that. I can LateX (damned, now I feel old :D)

user95

Thank You Dave for all the work you've done on EK. To make the 'duh' statement, it would not exist with out you. Not just the original game, but getting it to where it is today. Being willing to put in the hours required to read, think, adapt, adjust, tinker, coordinate and flat out Work on this game.

My first experience in early 2016 with this game was less than positive. I couldn't get it to stay open while playing. Wanted to walk away, but the content and methodology kept bringing me back. Grumbled, kept trying/playing, putting in upgrades. And now 2 yrs later, a stable platform, great story line, content that is full and fulfilling, and a supporting online community.

After a while a person loses the adjectives needed and starts repeating themselves, and starts sounding redundant and foolish. You have done a Stupendous Job. It all comes down to you putting in the effort, and others recognizing and appreciating the effort you HAVE put in. You have done a GREAT job and I wish you well on your future endeavors. Based on what you've done with EK you will succeed fabulously.

Thank You, Good Luck, and May God Bless you and hold you in the palm of his hand.
Ted :-]