Confusing story line thread - getting Grissenda before Adaon

ClockworkGhost

I started a new character and went straight to Grissenda instead of following the story plot. With Grissenda, I visited the mayors house in New Garand. Grissenda seemed to disappear for no noticeable reason while I killed all the guards in the underground jail. I chose not to free Adaon, and Grissenda was waiting for me when I left the sewers.

Is it maybe possible to add a line of dialogue saying that Grissenda goes to do something else while you enquire after your inheritance? Plus, what happens if you take Adaon as a companion while you already have Grissenda? Will Adaon override Grissenda and replace her, or will the game crash as you'll have two companions?

feldon

Loreseeker
ClockworkGhost":22y6o93s said:
I started a new character and went straight to Grissenda instead of following the story plot. With Grissenda, I visited the mayors house in New Garand. Grissenda seemed to disappear for no noticeable reason while I killed all the guards in the underground jail. I chose not to free Adaon, and Grissenda was waiting for me when I left the sewers.

Is it maybe possible to add a line of dialogue saying that Grissenda goes to do something else while you enquire after your inheritance? Plus, what happens if you take Adaon as a companion while you already have Grissenda? Will Adaon override Grissenda and replace her, or will the game crash as you'll have two companions?
The dialogue at the door does mention something about having to go in alone and asking your companion to wait outside (could theoretically be Hirge). Later, if you recruit Ad, he will take off in the sewers to inquire about the people who imprisoned him. When you exit, your companion is waiting for you, and you have to speak w him in NG wo a comp like usual bringing him into party.

The fact your companion is awaiting you across town is a little awkward but minor...

Sharkyinthe UK

ClockworkGhost":3hg0uvgq said:
Sharkyinthe UK":3hg0uvgq said:
If you don't free Adaon in the sewars you can never have him as a companion !

Yep, I know :) I'm playing this new character as hating thieves and wanting to punish them for it :D

Nice spin ! (And as long as your Awa is high enough then doesn't have major downsides !)