Companion stays dead

HEYYOLUC

Grissenda just stays dead for hours on end without coming back ( no matter how far i go or what i kill ) on the small isle for the laertes quest. I have it recorded but cant figure out how to upload the video here, i only see stuff to post links to videos from websites

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
It's usually a monster lurking around (there are some hidden ones on that island, btw, perhaps its one of them in line-of-sight).

A safe bet is to leave the area and return, obviously on that island that's slightly more of a pain than border hopping on the main map.

You can try a save and reload too.

HEYYOLUC

No, there are no monsters lurking, i killed the entire island all the way up to laertes and Grissenda still does not move when walking near her ( i cannot push her) and it is area specific To above the far-right and bottom center of the map, a field where ive logged in and out, redone the save and can reproduce the glitch every single time with the same result assuming she dies there in the same spot.

HEYYOLUC

To do the quest i can just avoid the area but im posting here because this is a legitimate glitch and figured some1 might wanna know about it.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I have it recorded but cant figure out how to upload the video here, i only see stuff to post links to videos from websites
Post video on your favorite site for videos (YouTube, Vimeo...) and copy here only link to that video. We don't have server resources for holding and serving videos, but keeping videos on third party services and posting here links to them works great.

HEYYOLUC

Is there at least a way for me to post a screenshot of the area? Bottom right corner on the isle... Walk up a bit and theres a clearing. Dead center of that clearing where its dark... Happens every time

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Is there at least a way for me to post a screenshot of the area?
Of course, post image to your favorite image hosting site and post here this image using image BBcode and direct link to this image. This works without problems.

Or, depending on site you'll use for posting image, you can copy and paste image, as editor we use is WYSIWYG, so it will copy image here, without you knowing how to use BBcodes.

HEYYOLUC

Ehhhhhhh... That makes things more difficult... I mean i probably should cash in on youtube gaming for example alot of ppl are... But im unfamiliar with all that... Can i post it to facebook and link it here?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Can i post it to facebook and link it here?
Not sure, I'm not that into facebook. But, you sure can try and see what happens.

And, from what I know, posting videos to youtube or vimeo is free? Is it not anymore? Not sure about what "cash in on youtube" you're talking about.