Companion pathing AI suggestion, and arrow problem!

Pindleskin

AI pathing
I play a rogue archer, and as such, usually I expect my companion to run into the enemy once engaged, but I am in the middle, usually he just runs perpetually into my back, and gets stuck there, 50% of he time.
I do think companions need to be able to clip through the player model, or the AI improved to side step a little if path is blocked.

Companion/mob pathing
Also, I have noticed enemy mobs and companions sometimes get stuck at a door or narrow bridge whilst chasing me sometimes ( i admit maybe 20% of the time i am able to just shoot them while they are stuck for a cheap kill :twisted: )

Arrow bug?
Oh! and lastly I do realise that attacking with arrows while standing next to a wall does not shoot any projectiles :cry: but only does the attack animation. (happens mostly in doorways or narrow passages) so in that case i have to back out or try to move to the centre as possible of the tunnel, to be able to attack.

new4or

Pindleskin":1eij27zj said:
AI pathing

I do think companions need to be able to clip through the player model, or the AI improved to side step a little if path is blocked.
i prefer being tanky, while my companion shoots of fignts from my back) so that option is not very welcome for me personally :D
anyway David posted that he's planning companion comands like "guard me" or "stay back" so i think the issue will be solved by this

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
commands will be added, but pathing is defective nonetheless and will also be fixed.

I will check that arrow problem too, thanks for reporting.