Companion dont gain TRAIT point after level up.

Serhiy

Hello everyone. I play as cleric right now and after killin minotaur at maze my companion(Hirga) level up to 7 level, gain 1 skill point but dont gain trait point. WTF
Does this happen to anyone?
Offtop
Meet old bug when enemy push u throw the wall.

Xen

Loreseeker
It is normal that Hirge won't gain because by default she is level 6 with -1 trait point so after reaching level 7(except if you give her at least 1 Tolassian Tome) her trait point/s would be equivalent to zero(0).

Xen

Loreseeker
BTW it is only Hirge with negative trait points by default because of her advanced level when you get her earlier.

Xen

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":3veoaerr said:
Wait, what? She starts with - 1? I don't think that's a feature.

Edit: Diavid should have a look at that
DavidBVal":3veoaerr said:

Yeah it has been discussed before and to what I recall David will try to make it 0 by default but need to reconsider. I don't think there is a reason to change that, it is properly scalling with other 2 main companions.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hirge has more extra trait points than any other companion. However, by default she also has more allocated points than the others. You shouldn't see that -1 unless you get her very early in level, when she has allocated more points than her level would allow; in any case, companions are gaining trait points normally, the only thing that -1 means is that she has increased traits "in advance".