Companion advance skills

lightwarrior

is it possible for future update to enable Companion to join and learn advance skills from guilds?also is it possible to let all 3 companions join party at same time? it will be fun travling with companions it will be a good party 1 healer 1 tank 1 dps and the MC as leader of course its up to dev to decide...i really wish they do it tho...

Ospie

Definitely agree it'd be nice to have advance skills for the companion characters.

Whilst it would be great to have all 3 companions in the party at once at the moment it would be completely unbalanced as the game is being developed to be balanced with 1 PC and 1 NPC. I am curious how the co-op will work in the future, unless companions will be disabled then.

Perhaps in the future there will be content more balanced for a 4 character party (be it 1 PC, 3 NPC or 2 PC 2 NPC), that would be cool. But for the time being I think we'll be running with the two character party limit.

Dimidium

It's been suggested a few times that companions get advanced skills. It may be noteworthy that they do have spaces for advanced skills in their character sheet.

The problem is balancing the game for this, I'm sure. My Level 25 Adaon gets close to 40 DPS already. Advanced skills may overbalance the game.

I think companions are supposed to be an accent to the character, and never take the spotlight. Advanced skills could change that easily, let alone if we could have 2 or 3 companions...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I have planned to unlock pre-defined advanced skills for them once I implement certain quests, but it'll have to wait for now.

hamiltd3

Hi,

There may already be a post for this, but I am having trouble finding one. Why is it so hard to increase traits and skills?

I'd rather see you get 1 trait and 1 skill point each level to spend versus you get 2 and have to save up to 5 or 6 points to increase Endurance, or 1, then 2, then 3 points just to get Archery up to maxed level. Why does it take 6 points to get there? It has taken me many weeks just to save up enough to get to endurance level 6, and there just isn't that much of a gain to justify that. I had to spend 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 points (21 points) which meant I had to save up for most of my levels (I'm at level 14) just to do that.

I wouldn't mind so much if leveling was easier, but it takes a really, really, really long time to level up, especially as a dad that only gets to play a little in his spare time. I bought the game and love it, but the grinding is really bad. Even going after enemies that are really hard for me you just don't get much experience and very low rewards. I think higher level enemies should give much more experience so the risk is worth fighting them.

Love the game though, fix this and inventory, and it will be even more amazing!
Dave

ArrowsFTW

DavidBVal":3uiqm2lq said:
I have planned to unlock pre-defined advanced skills for them once I implement certain quests, but it'll have to wait for now.
How about their own unique skills emphasizing not on damage but more on support for the PC?