Cloud Save Glitch - Mercenary

wearestarrdust

Hey :)

So, I'm loving this game so far. Still on the free version but if this glitch can be resolved (and probably even if it can't, lbh) I will be upgrading soon.

The glitch I've got is: I was playing on my iPad (iOS) and I backed up the save to the cloud, at which point I opened my phone (Android) and retrieved the cloud save. It worked, however the mercenary (hire me for x) is broken. He is still following me and fighting, but his dialogue options have reverted to when I hadn't hired him (ie. "hire me for x") meaning I can't ask him to move. As you can imagine, this creates many issues. I've also found upon a cell change his name changes to "random" (before cell change, in this glitched save his name shows, as I believe it shouldn't once you hire them)

I would adore a fix for this. I was SO excited when I saw the cloud save worked on both iOS and Android. If this is going to be an ongoing issue due to cross platform saves, that sucks, but I'll stick to one character per device, or whatever.

Anyway, if you could give me a heads up on what I should do, or if this is actually a glitch that needs fixing or whatever.

Thank you!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Hey, you're the first person with iOS version I see here (at least, that said so). :D

Anyway, this type of problem may be (or not) solved by sleeping at the inn. There are sometimes problems with level spawning.

Of course, David is the one to decide what's going on, so I also advise to send him this save game file. To do this first export game on your device and then send it using support button within game. Mention that you also created thread here on forum. That's the best course in case some bug is there, as David will see what is really going on within saved game.

wearestarrdust

Okay so I went to the inn and slept which immediately caused a crash. It does save...but now sleeping at the inn causes a crash every time. I did forward the crash report but if you would like to see the save still I can do that for both the iOS and the Android.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, please from android, generate a backup file and email it to [email protected]

I know what the problem is... I am afraid I can only fix it by removing the mercenary from your party, until I release the next update in a couple weeks. Due to an overlook I just noticed, the data format in which mercs are stored in the savegame is not compatible accross devices...

If you can, having your mercenary dying to some monster should also fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

wearestarrdust

Hey :)

Okay so I'll send that save file through to you, but at this point it's definitely something I don't seem to be able to fix. After I rolled back a little (because after saving at the inn, any cell change crashed the game...lol) i attempted to kill the mercenary so I could get another. Well, the dude now regenerates health! Haha, so that's not going to work. I tried to kill him for about 15 minutes but after each encounter his health rapidly regenerated.

And no worries at all. I'm sorry to hear the mercs are giving you trouble cross-platform. I did assume it might have been something to do with the way each platform stores the merc information in saves.

Okay the save appears to have sent! :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Got it, sent you back the fixed file. Working on a full solution for next update.