Cloaks...

MagpillOw

Hello everyone, I have been a big fan of the RPG for over 3 years now and am loving it more and more.

I just had a quick suggestion about cloaks, where from the gameplay perspective you can see your character wearing a cloak if it is equipped. A cool idea on top of that would be for higher level cloaks to have designs on them. For example a fur cloak is just a plain grey cloak, and the Navarian Cloak has symbols like it says in the item description.

This is just a cool idea that I had, I think it would make your character look way cooler.

Thanks guys

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks. Unfortunately, due to the 2D nature of the game it's extremely hard and graphically costly to implement. Every character you see in the game is like a "ragdoll" composed of several fixed images, in all 8 angles. Cloaks would add a new layer of complexity to it all, so it won't happen, sorry.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Aye. But how about colourising some of the armours? It grates they don't match the model. Forest, Tolassian, Primal Ice, Legionnaires, etc.,

BTW I am an okay graphic artist, certainly for editing. I can help if you like.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Aye. But how about colourising some of the armours? It grates they don't match the model. Forest, Tolassian, Primal Ice, Legionnaires, etc.,

BTW I am an okay graphic artist, certainly for editing. I can help if you like.

I might do that in the future, but it tends to cause memory issues with older devices with less than 1Mb RAM. I may wait until such devices completely phase out.