Cleric summon wolf costs too much mana

Sounkeng

So I am building a new character. He is currently lvl 9 with virtually all trait points on personality to maximize mana and then I am testing the value of different skills. I toyed around with sacred fire and arbrenos might and other basic skills.

But I was really excited about the new summon, coupled with healing and I did find that a white wolf does really help boost my DPS... However, after summoning it I can heal like two times and then I am out of mana... When I use the other skills I get much more (2-3x) as much bang for my mana... So I was really excited for the new summon skill but it is disappointing. I feel like the cost should be like half as much... Especially since you can only cast it once every 5 minutes.

Anyone else have this experience?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the feedback on this. Will keep an eye and probably adjust for next update.

Board Troll

The good part about the spell is that it's a one time cost and as you gain levels the spell point cost to cast it becomes a non issue.

Something that I personally would like to see is the wolf being tied to the caster, so that it doesn't take damage, the caster does. Or the heal spell automatically healing the wolf for a percentage of what you are healed to help keep the summon alive.

SirDonkalot

When i tested the white wolf on a lvl 17 whiile running around at Crimson Hills and Tolassian Tomb, it felt the little fellow was a bit overwhelmed. He was dieing way too fast for my favour even tho with supportive heal. (Ironman)

While i felt the mana usage for the spell itself was fair , if you combine the healing needed for him , it makes it pretty Mana heavy for not much of an advantage.

It would make it useful if it would have life regeneration - so he can be around for a while for the Mana + the healing cost for it goes down.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
SirDonkalot":2gvu81nt said:
When i tested the white wolf on a lvl 17 whiile running around at Crimson Hills and Tolassian Tomb, it felt the little fellow was a bit overwhelmed. He was dieing way too fast for my favour even tho with supportive heal. (Ironman)

While i felt the mana usage for the spell itself was fair , if you combine the healing needed for him , it makes it pretty Mana heavy for not much of an advantage.

It would make it useful if it would have life regeneration - so he can be around for a while for the Mana + the healing cost for it goes down.

Actually I was considering giving summoned creatures a regeneration to 50% of total hp while idle.

SirDonkalot

Life Regeneration seems like a good and natural solution, to make him a bit more stable.

Not sure if a 50% Cap, will do the trick for Hard or Ironman , since he would still eat up a good portion of heals, and would die somewhat fast ( i would guess ) but i would give it a try.

How about an extra Advanced Skill for Cleric , which focus on Summon Passives.
This could give an advancing boost for the life regeneration / Max Hitpoints or Armor in general.

Sounkeng

I agree that healing is the more costly aspect of maintaining the wolf and that passive Regen seems like an effective solution... Although 50% might be low.

Or like Board Troll suggested and the damage and healing to the wolf were split between the player and the wolf. Such that if me and the wolf are injured that the healing spell would effect both of us. And if the wolf gets attacked than its damage is divided between itself and the player... I'm not sure how effective that would be. But I expect it might help a little bit... Especially if coupled with 50% passive Regen.

Sounkeng

However, I wonder if it would be reasonable to have the mana cost more closely match the cost of the scrolls.