Cleric needs work

Streets ahead

Nivaria's barrier needs to be 1/1/1 all the way like shield expert. Crusader needs something more or it needs to be 1 point a piece. Heal wounds could be 1/1/2. The cleric needs more skill points available because his skills are kind of weak.

Kurdent

Translator
antienvironmentalist":1ckv0t5g said:
I guess that's a miscommunication, then; I should have used a different word. I meant stacking as in it combines into the same packet, which could provide a higher amount of damage, rather than 2 separate smaller packets. I think it's a bit less useful to have (for example with vulcan maul) 1 instance of 4 dmg and 1 instance of 2 dmg than to have 1 instance of 6 damage. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, but I think it's less effective than it would be if it stacked (such as smaller vs larger packet of physical damage for penetrating armor--consider if the physical damage bonus of arbenos' might was applied as a separate hit of 8 dmg, instead of "stacking" or "combining" together with the weapon's normal physical damage). My suggestion for the "type" of fire dealt was predicated on the fact that since it doesn't "add together" with existing fire to produce a larger fire damage number, it wouldn't be a logical stretch to say it's a "different" or "special" type of fire damage, and perhaps would be cool if it doesn't respect "normal" fire resistance, and/or doesn't heal like "normal" fire damage. Just an idea for a slight improvement.
Your statement is wrong.
The physical damage added with Arbonos Might stack as any others damage boost. It's only the fire elemental damage that doesn't stack with your current elemental damage from your weapon. And it has such a low impact if it was stacked that I don't see any reason changing it.

It's atm the best skill for cleric, changing this class from a low dps class to a decent dps class.
The real problem for cleric are the weapon choices and the advanced skills. In this game where only DPS or damage skill matters (the faster you kill ennemies, the less damage you take or either kite/wait for damage skill to come back), cleric doesn't have any specific dps advanced skills.

I'd also like to get some items or intellect/personnality that boost magical damage from skills so I could make a decent Sacred Fire build. There is no reason to put points in Intellect/Personnality except for skill requirements.

Kurdent":1xmra7uv said:
Your statement is wrong.
The physical damage added with Arbonos Might stack as any others damage boost.

I think you misread. I said "consider if". You missed my point entirely :)

Kurdent":1xmra7uv said:
And it has such a low impact if it was stacked that I don't see any reason changing it.

As I mentioned, it's not a big deal, I just think it would be a cool slight improvement. I understand your opinion, but surely you must admit that technically there is in fact a reason (low-impact DPS boost) to change either the "stacking" or type of damage dealt (again, not a huge or important reason, but nonetheless it would technically be a tiny bit better if it was tweaked in one of several suggestions from thread; it's surely low impact, but in the same breath you mention how DPS is all that matters in this game, so.... ;) ).

Kurdent

Translator
My bad :D

I think stacking the fire elemental damage is kinda hard to code, as not everyone is running with a fire weapon.
Also, I'm not really sure about this, but armor gives a flat damage reduction, while elemental resistance gives a % reduction, so it wouldn't change anything.

yeah. for that reason, my comparison of "what if the might phys wasn't combined..." was a poor one, since the resistance mechanic is different than the armor for phys.

anyway, i definitely agree that it'd be nice to see at least 1 more "damage nuke" for clerics. having the might fire combine would be at best a tiny / hardly relevant "boost" (and that's even if after resist it actually would have net gain--I think it could but not sure) in some perspective, or even irrelevant maybe depending how one looks at it. Altho tbh, at the same time, in the grand scheme of DPS/DPH it could be important on the contrary (if it worked to provide net gain). With (compared to some other systems--imo it's a great and nice change) lowish-number weapons damages in this game, it'd be interesting to see realistic difference and record math for numbers of +4 dmg weapon vs +6 in actual play--my feeling is that for example with +2 base fire weap, and +4 from might, let's say resist soaks 1 pt from the base and maybe 2 from the might, with +6 prolly still 2-3 would be resisted, so actual difference even if "combined" would probably be ~1pt of damage (or zero tbh :) ), hardly worth making a fuss about. BUT on the other hand, again numbers in the first place tend to be very low in general (relative to some other game systems), and as players we obsess over even a couple points of damage, so even a difference of 1 pt per hit could be worth considering as "relevant", after all DPS is the thing everyone is concerned with and every last little point adds up.

sorry for length :D

but yeah, in the end it's not worth a lot of effort, and i'd like to see some other things for cleric, but i figured if re-doing the way the damage works is overly complicated, maybe simply changing it would be less of a hassle. my main concern in the first place was more about the fire type itself, not nagging over 0-1 pt of damage. i just would like to see a cleric special attack that doesn't deal fire, cuz atm both do. but maybe there's a new cleric skill(s) in this new update :D