Cleric needs work

Streets ahead

Nivaria's barrier needs to be 1/1/1 all the way like shield expert. Crusader needs something more or it needs to be 1 point a piece. Heal wounds could be 1/1/2. The cleric needs more skill points available because his skills are kind of weak.

Board Troll

The cleric city, Nivaria is in the next update guys. Give the man a break at least until we see what's in store.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
All classes will get stuff. Nivarian will be out but still will need future upgrades (much like when Freetown was originally released without guilds).

Also, my data tells me clerics are the class that dies the less per hour played, the one that returns less to inn per hour played, and the second best earning xp/hour. Some spells will be adjusted but don't expect ever to have the weapons of a warrior with a class that can self-heal, and summon a white wolf with 20DPS. All classes have weaknesses, and when you play, that's what you notice the most.

ArrowsFTW

DavidBVal":3tywzgb8 said:
All classes will get stuff. Nivarian will be out but still will need future upgrades (much like when Freetown was originally released without guilds).

Also, my data tells me clerics are the class that dies the less per hour played, the one that returns less to inn per hour played, and the second best earning xp/hour. Some spells will be adjusted but don't expect ever to have the weapons of a warrior with a class that can self-heal, and summon a white wolf with 20DPS. All classes have weaknesses, and when you play, that's what you notice the most.
If anything, Clerics should get stronger defensive buffs, stronger than the warrior's defensive skills. Clerics in rpgs are typical tanks thanks to their divine defensive skills such as Armor of Faith, Bless, Draw Upon Holy Might, Defensive Harmony. Clerics are also the best healers in rpgs and they typical carry spells that cure ailments aswell such as for poison, paralysis, and disease.

Also perhaps the data you have must be from easy mode game plays, meaning easier enemies and your character can regenerate their health back. Clerics on hard mode struggle alot from my play throughs.

Quantum

*First, cleric is the absolute most OP class in game. Its healing is freaking boss. I believe the heal needs nerfed if anything. I agree with the census that crusader is a joke. Right now its points 1/2/2 is alright, but still isn't worth it. But I have some ideas.

Right now using a 2h with cleric is absolutely terrible. There is nothing in the class skills to cause ANY benefit to using 2h. How I see it, +5 dmg is really 5/attack speed. 2h weapons are the slowest in the game, this with all the +dmg etc, they will not benefit as much. Warriors have increased strength contribution. Warriors get +10% stun and strength bonus. +dmg vs undead is useless against a over 70% of the game.

My revised Crusader:
2/4/6% chance to stun, +1/3/5 dmg to undead, 1.5/2/2.5 strength multiplier to 2h, 1/2/3 skill points.

This makes spending 3 points rather viable for 1h, but spending 6 best for 2h build. You may think giving them increase 2h would be OP, but clerics cannot multi-target with their melee attacks like warriors, so I see it as not being close to as strong as a warriors.

*Next skill: Holy shield

This skill is a "shield" so it makes sense when you think about it.

Gain +2/4/6/8 melee AND ranged armor, with +20/35/50/65 resistance to death, for 12 seconds. CD, points, cost stay the same 15, 1/2/2/2, 4/5/6/6 respectively.

The fact that only shields in the game increase ranged defense (which I don't agree with) this should as well.

*Third point. I honestly see this as a no brainer. First, why do we have holy resistance? Then why is a HOLY cleric doing fire damage? A good way to change cleric to be the Undead bane, make the skills do Holy damage not fire. Rework holy damage in general. Holy should do normal damage to most mobs (some resistances), heal holy things, and 1.5-2x damage against undead.

*Fourth thing. Change retributions 1/2 mana recovery per kill thing. Its truly unnecessary and feels like a filler skill thrown in.

New Retribution idea: Deals 5/10/15% of missing health as Holy damage to all enemies around you. Points 1/2/3, Mana cost 10/20/30, CD of 30 seconds.

Encourages more points spent on Endurance as well as timing, health, and mana consideration.

*Fifth change. Heavy hand, why does it have the same increase for 2h as it does 1h. A simple damage change will work. +1/3/5 for 1h, +2/4/7 for 2h. This doesn't give MASSIVE increase to 2h at all, its a 40% increase for 2h at 6 points, which considering you lose attack speed and typically crit chance with 2h, it levels some of that difference.

Quantum

This is basically my rant for many things people brought up about clerics.

1. The lack of elemental weapons.
I don't think I even need to say anything, but GET OVER IT. Each class has its niche weapons. The fact that clerics get daggers blows my mind, but it does make sense and make it fair. They may not have many elemental effect YET, but this game is in development, give it time. Just remember each class has its own gameplay.

2. Heal wounds CD
Its OP as shit. If you can't kite around waiting for the CD, that is your own problem, not a game problem. You can basically heal infinitely with mana pots. If anything, I believe the skill should have a longer CD. It should NOT allow you to tank and spank the entire game. How many points you spend to increase your mana pool is up to you.

3. Intervention is NOT crazy strong. If used right, its basically a second health bar, but wait... what about the other skills that use mana? Are you willing to sacrifice your 2nd health bar for defense or damage buff? Ha, balanced skill where you have to decide what is most important. When you think about the good and bad, its all about choices.

ZeroesHero

There really isn't a lack of elemental weapons for clerics. Check into the maces on the wiki page. Hammers for poison damage.

Plus Arbenos Might more than makes up for lack of speed with damage. +8 regular damage and +4 fire damage on top of whatever weapon damage you normally do is pretty incredible.

IceArms

Loreseeker
Quantum":2h0gjv9i said:
Right now using a 2h with cleric is absolutely terrible. There is nothing in the class skills to cause ANY benefit to using 2h. How I see it, +5 dmg is really 5/attack speed. 2h weapons are the slowest in the game, this with all the +dmg etc, they will not benefit as much.
Totally agreed!

What really need to be done is to add the option of using two-handed weapons for cleric. Since he can only use the mauls (worst 2h in the game!), so this option should have significant advantages. It may be native skill or early available advanced.
Now there is no reason to use mauls for cleric... Agility based build with daggers (claw) and shields is too uncontested, even considering a new Paladin sword (1h), which is likely to be available very late.