(cleric) I'm new to the game and need a lot of advices

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
I don't prefer Hirge when playing with Cleric. The only moments I used her was during her quests where I had no other choice. She's a great companion for warriors and summoning mages, but doesn't offer as much value as a dps or tank when you already got the healing covered

D0ppiaP":ij3prcf7 said:
Wow thanks so MUCH for all those precious tips. Looks like ~5 hours of playing aren't enough to catch not even close the real depth of this game. :shock:

Oh yeah not at all, most people here played for hundreds of hours already (including me) and sometimes we still discover new interesting combo's and builds.

Lolerescut

Argarath":2r7jr1e6 said:
This is why I love this game. You can approach the same character from so many different ways and still be successful.
I can only relate my own experience with my Cleric HARD level in ARK. I used 2 Handed Pneumatic Mallet and Arbenos' Might III. It was a breeze really. I cleared the whole upper level relying on Cognac only, and did not even use 1 Recovery.
In ARK, there are no companion. Spirit Wolf is useless in Reactor Level, and marginally useful elsewhere that I did not bother using it, just a drain on mana for me. I just muscled my way through, and I believe DPS from 2 Handed (remember Arbenos' Might gives 16 damage with 2 Handed) is better than using a shield which would reduce about 7 damage per hit from the droids. It is better to kill them faster and receive a bit more damage, especially when you are in a situation of being ganged up by 2 or 3 of them. Yes I do try to draw them out 1 by 1, but sometimes it is impossible, or just bad luck that you are being ganged up. I will pop Battle Prayer as well in these situations.
I don't have issues with other areas using 2 Handed as well. I am near complete now, have nearly 400k coins out of 425 needed then I will move to my next character.
PS. all these are in no way saying I am ready for unweakended Undermother. I will have to try this eventually to get the Achievement, no idea how yet
Use griss to tank for you let her get paralized its ok get lots of mana pots preferably the biggest you can get
Scrolls of restoration and patience keep healing griss and if she drops low use scroll dont get yoyrself low on mana or you will be in deep trouble and keep flanking her if you have a good build you can kill her ib 15 minutes if not goodluck with the battery "the healing skill thatvheals companions only should only be used in case of emergencies" should be easy
Oh and dont forget speed potions since she might switch target and u need to run griss is back or if griss died you need her to respawn you will need to run