Cleric- cleric guild or warrior's guild and play style questions

Deleted member 28869

Hello, I'm having trouble deciding what guild to join, I've already played warrior's guild cleric with duel+heavyhand, but this time I am trying to experiment with a spirit wolf build that's viable in the ark reactor. I'm trying to experiment with this build, and change parts of it. I want to try and make a build that doesn't suffer too much in the reactor because I don't have spirit wolf. How different would my playstyle would be if I join the cleric guild instead of the warrior guild?

Regarding play style, how would I fight? Do I let my companion take damage or do I take the damage? And traits allocation, plenty of posts say to get 4 points in all traits and the rest in strength, how effective was it?

I'm only level 5 right now and I'm really just planning ahead.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hello!

First your link goes to the Gridle of the Warrior. You might of copied-and-pasted the the wrong url?

End-game your traits are going to be similar. A Cleric in the Warrior's Guild and a Cleric in the The Church of The Three have similar needs. The only main difference is that you are likely to have PERS 5 in the church as that's a prerequisite for Battle Prayer. Conversely, if you're going to the Warriors Guild, getting STR 4 early sets you up for Heavy Hands.

End Game most Clerics will something like 6 STR, 4 INT, 4 PERS, 3 AGL and some random points in END, AWA depending on your skill preference etc. 2-H Clerics might avoid AGL. That gives you solid damage with 1-H and Light weapons (esp when paired with Ark equipment).

You can get Guardian Wolf even if you join the Warrior's Guild. It's requirements are INT 3, and Cleric. You -should- be able to get it if you join the Warriors' Guild.

Playing style: For both Companions and Summons, I've found it much easer just to assume my Cleric was going to take the damage. It makes equipment choices easier (Cleric gets the best). When going up against one enemy , using the pincer tactic works so no matter what, one of you is doing flanking damage.

If an enemy is far away, you can let your Summons, / Companion charge it so they attack it first. But that is no a prefect system and works even less reliability with close enemies or groups. Nothing quite like watching them run off screen to fight something when you're getting whacked around.

Early levels, letting your Companion take the lead is a good idea. They pop right back up if they die, which can give you a bigger damage soak in a dungeon run. But, see above. Often you'll find it just more effective and enjoyable to use them as side-kicks rather than full fledge party members.

Deleted member 28869

Oh yeah, it is the wrong link. I was talking about this. Is adaon a good companion? I used him in my last playthrough, he kinda gives me the much needed dps, but I'm thinking of making him a stab suicide bomber since he has little health with lots of damage is that good?

VDX_360

Staff member
There's also a more recent discussion on Cleric builds here.

For a Cleric, I'm rather found of Griss or Hirge as a Companion, esp in the early game. Adaon is just too squishy. And he's ability to find secret doors is off-set by the Wisdom skills.