Cleric class is horrible for play.

CristianoR

David, I can not play with a cleric. already tried the side of the three and did not think good, then going warrior was worse. begins with weapons. everything slow. and the skills spend a lot of point. At Level 10 I was able to make a good warrior. and the clergyman's opposite was still to be desired. I would like clergyman to be reviewed and improved if he can. I think warrior is better to play.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Cleric, on paper, is a beast with impressive combat ability, durability and highest XP and Gold collection per hour of game play. No, seriously, it really is. In contrast, the Cleric, as played, is often the least liked class and often made the butt of forum jokes (I've made a few).

As a class, Clerics require a little more nuances in their builds. Do it right, they can be Immortal Builds, War Clerics, or Undead Killer.... But, get something a little off, and they struggle. A lot.

2-H Warriors tend to have the "fastest" game play simply because they have a high damage output with less waiting for skills to re-set (cough, Rouges) so the combat flows more evening, and thus seems quicker.

Vil

Personally like cleric warrior build the best.

Early levels are easy if you concentrate on light weapons and agi/per traits + arberos might (max it as soon as possible, never fight without it) + heal (found level 2 enough up to level 12) + thelumes wisdom skills (i have it maxed as soon as possible, no secret door will stay hidden from you + max level will tell you how many secrets are still undiscovered in the area).
You can get Grissenda on level 3 with any character, which will gives you more additional damage. I have it reseted to 2H damage dealer. Since you have her, your game is getting more easy.
When you are able to join warriors guild, than you need to further increase damage by getting duel, heavy hand, precision strikes and massive criticals. Max heavy hand first, than duel than the rest.
Level 15-16 you should be able to get body develepment, which will encrease your tankines even more.

Cleric is easy to play and fun to play for me.

Only downside I can see is limited variety of weapons as you can get ancient fang on level 11-12 and it is best for agi build up until nanocarbon scalpel found in ark at the end of the game....

Cuckoorex

I'm playing as a Cleric now, having already beaten the main quest with both Rogue and Warrior. Cleric certainly is more challenging and sometimes frustrating. It's doable, of couyrse; others have beaten the game using a Cleric. But I wouldn't recommend an inexperienced player to start off as one.

What I've found helps a lot is to max out Arbeno's Might and Summon Wolf as soon as you can; once you max Summon Wolf you summon a level 13 Spirit Wolf that greatly helps with added damage to foes. I bring Gris as my companion with her cleave ability helping take down multiple foes at once.

One plus and one downside to Arbeno's Might: Plus - you can usually time activation of the skill to kill trolls with the fire damage without having to lug around a fire-damage weapon. Downside: you can't really use Arbeno's Might on enemies that are healed by fire (I mean, you CAN, but you're better off carrying a cold-based weapon instead, I think).

Zeekoslav

VDX_360":571v32oj said:
2-H Warriors tend to have the "fastest" game play simply because they have a high damage output with less waiting for skills to re-set (cough, Rouges) so the combat flows more evening, and thus seems quicker.

Yea it's true faster game with many mobs, I usually pull bigger groups for cleave bonus and big number of times I over calculate how many mobs I can take or I pull nearby patrols or wondering enemy's and those things gets you killed.