Cleric Build - Child Of Faith + Undermother Video

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Ian Skylark":2jeft1mn said:
I'm in the process of making a video series (on Youtube) for every quest, trait and skill point using this build on Ironman. I'm just a little torn between whether or not it'd be a good idea considering it would kind of... spoil every quest and secret. But it would be a big help to players struggling or going for 100% completion.

I think that if you mention that it contains spoilers in video title, it would be just fine.

People would benefit hugely from such video tutorial.

Ian Skylark

You think so? That's good to hear.

I was willing to scrap the videos I've already recorded if anyone had objected to this idea. I'll be sure to include spoiler tags if I can get around to completing and posting all 80 quests. Can't wait to get to the Ark, a lot of players struggle with it.

Atomos

That's a very interesting setup you have here. I'd choose body development over bloodlust, intervention over healing(it's more mana efficient), and dumped extra recoveries, but still this concept of spellcasting cleric is very tempting :D . What are your thoughts about flurry skill?

Edit@down: aww dang it. But I guess that makes things simple :D

Sounkeng

Atomos":1e6sdmb3 said:
That's a very interesting setup you have here. I'd choose body development over bloodlust, intervention over healing(it's more mana efficient), and dumped extra recoveries, but still this concept of spellcasting cleric is very tempting :D . What are your thoughts about flurry skill?

Flurry isn't available to clerics

Ian Skylark

Atomos, Body Development would definitely be necessary for Ironman's. I like your suggestion to swap it for Bloodlust. I'll include that in my next edit.

As for Intervention & Heal Wounds, they each serve a different but similar purpose so they're both included in the build. Heal is for allies and a prolonged fight/dungeon runs. Intervention obviously as a last resort if things get hairy. Or you know, a trap that takes you by surprise.

Mels

i'm almost 18 on hard. following this guide religiously.
About equipment i wonder if broken crown of tol is better than bishop ring 2 per = 50 mana anyway. I will most likely use vorator mantle instead of spectral cloak.
For skills i'm struggling to use wolf just because of the limited amount of slots. this build needs more than 4 even because you cant cast them from the skill tab. Wolf substitutes earth elemental since you can only have 1 summon and i think earlier battle prayer is better. I have been struggling with rumor bosses around level 12-14 due to the low armor. Once you get better gear (platemail ) and level15 adaon with max stab and sneak attack it's pretty much steamroll

Ian Skylark

Thanks for being one of the first guinea pigs to try out the build, your feedback on it is great.

I had no idea the wolf couldn't be used in tandem with scroll summons. I'm going to update that and a few other things when I get the chance. I know there's a limited amount of skills slot, David said he would be introducing more soon. So hang in there, it won't be long before we're at our true potential!

I'll mention the pros and cons to having the SW/BP early on as well on my next edit so the players can decide for themselves.

As for the Broken Crown of Tol, it's beastly but it's a double edged sword. That's up to you. Use any ring you want, just get the Ring of Holyness for Ark + Devourers.
Again Mel, thanks for the feedback.

Mels

any tip for fighting valerian? the dude you meet after entering dragon coast. i have pretty much the best gear i can get and at level 19 he just wrecks everything during flurry

Ian Skylark

I haven't fought him, but I can suggest 2 ways to approach the battle.

1) use Hirge Sword & Shield as the tank. Use the best healing and defensive potions you have on her when she gets hurt. You can do this with Grissenda too, but Hirge will be tankier since she can heal herself. Spam your own heal on top of hers as well and use attack potions on yourself.

2) If you use Adaon, tank Valerian yourself and set Adaon up behind him. Heal yourself with Heal Wounds and use Healing potions/defensive potions on yourself if you don't have Battle Prayer.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out