Cleric Build - Child Of Faith + Undermother Video

Ian Skylark

New Member
Joined
25/09/2017
Messages
49
You're not bothering me at all. Honestly I'm happy when I see someone take an interest in the build or just chatting with me about EK, really.

About weapons... that's all up to you and your trait distribution. Obviously for high armor enemies your choice should be a 2h or Longsword. For squishy enemies the scalpel would be better. I used that hammer against the Undermother because of the poison damage, her physical armor is ridiculous. When it comes to weapons, that's all up to you. Just don't use maces. Lol.

As for Duel, I still find it a very good source of dps at lv 2 which requires 3 skill points
 

Rylocke

Member
Joined
17/03/2016
Messages
56
Great build and write-up, thanks. I bought this game quite a while back and all but gave up on the cleric. However, after watching your videos, I'm using this build and loving it.

As for the cleric advanced skills like the party buff and wolf summon skill, is the associated faction considered a guild for purposes of joining requirements? You suggested joining the warriors, but will I still have access to all the correct skills?
 

Ian Skylark

New Member
Joined
25/09/2017
Messages
49
It's motivating to hear from someone using the build, I'm really glad you're enjoying it.

Yep, Battle Prayer, Flames of Faith and Guardian Wolf are available for Clerics from any guild to use. The reason I decided to go with the Warrior's guild was for the raw melee damage it gives you early on. And frankly, melee damage is something we lack so this helps make up for it.

I'm in the process of making a video series (on Youtube) for every quest, trait and skill point using this build on Ironman. I'm just a little torn between whether or not it'd be a good idea considering it would kind of... spoil every quest and secret. But it would be a big help to players struggling or going for 100% completion.
 

Sounkeng

Member
Joined
07/11/2016
Messages
579
Rylocke":18flus41 said:
As for the cleric advanced skills like the party buff and wolf summon skill, is the associated faction considered a guild for purposes of joining requirements? You suggested joining the warriors, but will I still have access to all the correct skills?
This is a great point. What skills are unique for cleric's joining the 3? Any of them? Because there really should be a real incentive to joining the 3, and currently there is not. (In my cleric play through I mistakenly assumed that battle prayer and guardian wolf were unique to members of the 3 and joined as a result.) Even without the warrior skills I still have a pretty amazing character who beat the game by level 19 and was already thinking clerics were quite possibly the most powerful class in the game.
 

Rylocke

Member
Joined
17/03/2016
Messages
56
Sounkeng":265gea19 said:
This is a great point. What skills are unique for cleric's joining the 3? Any of them? Because there really should be a real incentive to joining the 3, and currently there is not. (In my cleric play through I mistakenly assumed that battle prayer and guardian wolf were unique to members of the 3 and joined as a result.) Even without the warrior skills I still have a pretty amazing character who beat the game by level 19 and was already thinking clerics were quite possibly the most powerful class in the game.
I agree. I'd hate to gimp the cleric again now that it's finally out of the doghouse, but it seems at least a couple of these skills should be exclusive. The downside is that we'd lose out on good sources of player damage, but it would fit the guild theme a bit better. Maybe a slight buff to cleric skills while making them exclusive (save a couple entry-level ones like the other guilds) would be in order.
 

deadcorpze

New Member
Joined
10/05/2017
Messages
72
Nothing good really. Only turn undead seems usable but that is if u plan to aggro them all which I highly discourage without proper equips. There were only 2 things that benefits your cleric when joining the church if u may have read my previous comment. As for retribution skill, its not worth the 5 skill points. Better invest on resistance passive skills like spiritual ward
 

Rylocke

Member
Joined
17/03/2016
Messages
56
Ah, so The Three does have exclusive skills, just nothing used for this build specifically. Convenient!
 

Sounkeng

Member
Joined
07/11/2016
Messages
579
deadcorpze":2tpwk73r said:
Nothing good really. Only turn undead seems usable but that is if u plan to aggro them all which I highly discourage without proper equips. There were only 2 things that benefits your cleric when joining the church if u may have read my previous comment. As for retribution skill, its not worth the 5 skill points. Better invest on resistance passive skills like spiritual ward
So basically all the skills that are generally deemed worthless. Well that is a real shame.
 

Ian Skylark

New Member
Joined
25/09/2017
Messages
49
Lol, that's a nice way to put it, Sounkeng.

These are the skills in case you were wondering, Rylocke:

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... urn_Undead

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... etribution

Turn Undead actually is game changing against anyone struggling with the Lich or those Deathknights and Skeletons, but it wouldn't be of any use to us anywhere else.

Retribution seems neat considering mana regen, but it's expensive (5 Skill Points). A single point in Recovery would trump it.
 

deadcorpze

New Member
Joined
10/05/2017
Messages
72
Ian Skylark":1pfw7fiq said:
Turn Undead actually is game changing against anyone struggling with the Lich or those Deathknights and Skeletons, but it wouldn't be of any use to us anywhere else.

Retribution seems neat considering mana regen, but it's expensive (5 Skill Points). A single point in Recovery would trump it.
Yes the effect of turn undead is game changer but not the skill. I mean there are merchants selling scroll of turn undead equivalent to a level 2 of the skill. if you are not using pots, which you will not use it because the undead are paralyzed, u can spam the scroll while the skill has a 20 second cooldown. I find this scroll a little bit unfair. I mean come on, its an advanced skill of a cleric and yet other classes has an ez access to it. I bet there'll be a scroll of flames of faith later :D just kiddin

Retribution is not good for high mana build clerics imo.. i agree that an additional 1x recovery is 100x times better
 

Top