Cleric as team member

mizzador

The cleric as a team member has healing issues.
for example she doesn't heal when needed most of the time. I have watched her following me with 1% hp and full mana for minutes and then get killed and she didn't use heal.also she never heals anyone but herself unless excess. and she never heals inside a lair. That part seems really illogical. what's the point of having a heal skill or being a cleric for that matter and unable to use it when needed or in a lair. I mean there is no mana regeneration and limited heals but restriction on healing in a lair c'mon...the fact there is no mana regen I also don't agree with. it makes the cleric feel lame. I also think if you can hire a third party member and have a team of 3. then why can't you have 2 companions in your team like warrior and cleric with a rogue and the cleric has mana regen ? she should heal the group also, so then you have a real group...it's anoying having to save and run back and forth to sleep at inns to heal team...
Why place restrictions which make the game more of an effort than fun? I play it on hard mode and if you feel it would be too easy with 3 in a team and a proper healer who heals party with regeneration then simply ad more mobbs in lairs or increase difficulty etc. also the team most often than not gets stuck behind your character or stuck in doorways and they don't attack when they should because of it. Also they don't help attack if you attack with range weapon at max range on mobbs unless you move closer. they should assist the moment you deal damage to a mobb not only once you move closer than max range or only when the mobb has already started hitting you. if you have a warrior as team and you are archer the last thing you need is mobbs hitting you before the warrior decides to assist or a healer who dies with full mana...

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
mizzador":3r2ejw71 said:
The cleric as a team member has healing issues.
for example she doesn't heal when needed most of the time. I have watched her following me with 1% hp and full mana for minutes and then get killed and she didn't use heal.also she never heals anyone but herself unless excess. and she never heals inside a lair. That part seems really illogical. what's the point of having a heal skill or being a cleric for that matter and unable to use it when needed or in a lair. I mean there is no mana regeneration and limited heals but restriction on healing in a lair c'mon...the fact there is no mana regen I also don't agree with. it makes the cleric feel lame. I also think if you can hire a third party member and have a team of 3. then why can't you have 2 companions in your team like warrior and cleric with a rogue and the cleric has mana regen ? she should heal the group also, so then you have a real group...it's anoying having to save and run back and forth to sleep at inns to heal team...
Why place restrictions which make the game more of an effort than fun? I play it on hard mode and if you feel it would be too easy with 3 in a team and a proper healer who heals party with regeneration then simply ad more mobbs in lairs or increase difficulty etc. also the team most often than not gets stuck behind your character or stuck in doorways and they don't attack when they should because of it. Also they don't help attack if you attack with range weapon at max range on mobbs unless you move closer. they should assist the moment you deal damage to a mobb not only once you move closer than max range or only when the mobb has already started hitting you. if you have a warrior as team and you are archer the last thing you need is mobbs hitting you before the warrior decides to assist or a healer who dies with full mana...

What version are you playing on? There was a recent update that fixes Hirge's healing

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Thing is, game is work in progress at the moment. So, not all things work as they eventually will work. Also, there are some bugs. That are being sorted out.

So, with latest version Hirge should heal.

Mr.Suspense

Loreseeker
The companion AI has been improved and now u can giv them commands regarding the battle, attack, defend, do nothing ...

Crimson Death

Mr.Suspense":114kttct said:
The companion AI has been improved and now u can giv them commands regarding the battle, attack, defend, do nothing ...

I tell griss to attack everything in range. She still just stands there until she's hit by a ranged attack or a mob get's basically on top of her.

Kody101

Crimson Death":g3ifv9n7 said:
Mr.Suspense":g3ifv9n7 said:

I tell griss to attack everything in range. She still just stands there until she's hit by a ranged attack or a mob get's basically on top of her.
no i can agree with you that would be very annoyin if ure a ranger n ure supports sit there picking there nose lik uhh bosh dersh nothin ter fight..ahduurrrr even tho ure attacking

mizzador

Thanks for the update! nice work.
I would like to make a suggestion on it.
The thing I felt was most needed if you play a rogue archer with range and have a warrior/tank partner is an order
"Attack enemy I attack"
Ideally It would be nice if I can range attack a target and the moment my arrow hits, the warrior reacts by running to also attack that target
currently when I attack at range the warrior sits back she seems to be out of range of sight. and won't attack it with me until I move closer which kinda defeats the purpose of taking advantage of archers range.
Perhaps also on another note it might be better to make team members ghost like. in other words characters can pass through the body of each other. because currently I find my team are stuck behind me unable to get past my body as though they try to go directly forward and not around me. this is particularly a problem in narrow passages. from a archer point of view the warrior can't get in front of me and I have to retreat back down the passage and out the door to let the tank get in front.
if they could move through each other then that would fix this issue.

Johnakaagila

mizzador":1uo9urju said:
Thanks for the update! nice work.
I would like to make a suggestion on it.
The thing I felt was most needed if you play a rogue archer with range and have a warrior/tank partner is an order
"Attack enemy I attack"
Ideally It would be nice if I can range attack a target and the moment my arrow hits, the warrior reacts by running to also attack that target
currently when I attack at range the warrior sits back she seems to be out of range of sight. and won't attack it with me until I move closer which kinda defeats the purpose of taking advantage of archers range.
Perhaps also on another note it might be better to make team members ghost like. in other words characters can pass through the body of each other. because currently I find my team are stuck behind me unable to get past my body as though they try to go directly forward and not around me. this is particularly a problem in narrow passages. from a archer point of view the warrior can't get in front of me and I have to retreat back down the passage and out the door to let the tank get in front.
if they could move through each other then that would fix this issue.

I gotta disagree with the ghost like thing. How else will i push their behinds infront of a spike im tryna pass by without it triggering on me? :twisted: