Clear>exit dungeon>quicksave>reset dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick24

I don't know if this is a bug, but happened to me twice, probably there's a reason for this. The problem is whenever i cleared the dungeon monsters inside and go out to quicksave so that i could load again whenever i die. But when i die inside and reload my quicksave with monsters cleared, whenever i re-enter the dungeon the monsters I've killed were reset. Why is this happening, is it bug or was it done in purpose so that you have to go in and finish the dungeon all the way? It's in normal mode by the way.

VDX_360

Staff member
It might be the time that's passed rather than the quicksave feature. Someone double check me on this one.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Slick24":23f6xjfm said:
The problem is whenever i cleared the dungeon monsters inside and go out to quicksave so that i could load again whenever i die. But when i die inside and reload my quicksave with monsters cleared, whenever i re-enter the dungeon the monsters I've killed were reset. Why is this happening, is it bug or was it done in purpose so that you have to go in and finish the dungeon all the way?
That's totally normal, it's the way the game works (in all difficulty modes except casual). Whenever you die or manually reload a save outdoors (irrespective of the time passed), all dungeons are reset. Otherwise you would be able to effectively save in a dungeon by running back to the entrance all the time you cleared a room to save your progress.

The only way to save and continue without a reset is by using the Save & Exit function (which saves to a slot you have no direct access to and is deleted after your death) and Continue Game afterwards. Loading any other save slot (including quicksave) manually will lead to the above mentioned reset. The only exception is on casual mode when you save within a dungeon.

Slick24

Isn't you can abuse this since the dungeon resets with loots and drops? So you can get the certain items you wanted?

VDX_360

Staff member
Dungeons reset on their own (time limit, stay at an inn) so if someone wants to spam a dungeon, they can (and that's how you level build, farm for drops etc). Not really an issue there.

The only time re-setting an enemy becomes an exploit type issue is when players saved before fighting a boss for rare drops and re-load to try again (certain rare equipment from, Ancient Tolassian Tomes etc).

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Slick24":3gwuqr2o said:
Isn't you can abuse this since the dungeon resets with loots and drops? So you can get the certain items you wanted?
The loot in the dungeon shouldn't change when you quicksave outside and reload to force a reset. This was implemented to prevent too easy farming, just as VDX360 mentioned. On the other hand, sleeping at an inn, thus passing enough time, will reset enemies and loot.

Grim Reaper

(EDITED OUT) loot can be changed that way tho...
Edit Note: Hey, we all like better loot, but listing which enemies are still subject to the change-loot exploit violates a forum rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.