Character progression reset after exporting save

kuraknr

Hi,
I bought full license on both my Android and PC. I wanted to play on both devices and just transferring saves between.
I had no problems with transferring save from my android to PC, however when I try to transfer my progress from PC to Android I experience strange bug. When I load my save and change location my character reset to level 1 with starting equipment.
This happening every time I'm trying to import my save, no matter what I'm doing- I've tried to play offline, change settings, create new characters- nothing works.
I'm very disappointed as I paid for 2 separate licences in order to play game on both devices, but with that error I lost the whole joy of playing.
Anyone experience similar problem and could help me with finding solution? Maybe devs could give me a hand?
Thank you in advance

p4ran0id

Staff member
Just to get sure, you're using the ingame export from file function? (continue - > export & and cloud - > export/import from file)

It seems like a permission problem, try to delete all data (android settings, go to storage, app choose EK and clear cache and data, also check the permissions, storage should be active)

If that won't help, try to Uninstall EK and install it again

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
kuraknr":3mgr6b3g said:
Anyone experience similar problem and could help me with finding solution? Maybe devs could give me a hand?
I experienced some thing when I edited save game files. Of course, discussing how to cheat is against rules, so I want go in details.

Otherwise, when I didn't edited files (or edited with more sense), there was no reseting. Everything worked just fine.

I don't claim you edited files, just say what I experienced.

kuraknr

Thanks for replies guys.
I've tried clearing cashe on phone but I haven't worked, will try re-instal as advised.
I haven't edited save in any way, I haven't even known that there are any editors for that. I wonder why this happened only on android version, as on PC I'm playing without any problems.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
What is the XP, gold and time played of the character in that PC save? (you can see the time played in the Details section of the character window).

p4ran0id

Staff member
kuraknr":yo3yabqv said:
Thanks for replies guys.
I've tried clearing cashe on phone but I haven't worked, will try re-instal as advised.
I haven't edited save in any way, I haven't even known that there are any editors for that. I wonder why this happened only on android version, as on PC I'm playing without any problems.

Did reinstall worked? Would be nice if you tell us that for other similar requests :roll: