Apocalypse

Loreseeker

CHALLENGE COMPENDIUM
Fan-made challenges
and stories for veteran players!

New Class + Objectives
PYROMANCER MAGE
By Maximilian313
"You are a pyromancer. Born with the power to create and shape fire, you were a dangerous child... As a teenager, you struggled to tame the flame within your heart. Now that you've learned to master your terrible gift, you must choose your path: Will you bring light and warmth to this cruel world? Or set it ablaze and watch it burn?"

New Class + Objectives
PILGRIM OF NIVARIA
"You are a humble pilgrim traveling Varannar. Nivaria spoke to you in a dream and sent you on a long voyage to aid her church. As you grow in experience, more of the goddess' power flows through you. Once you retrieve the long-lost holy weapons of the Church, Nivaria shows you in a vision the real reason she raised you up: to save the world."

DtHEKuAXgAAPG6i_1.jpg

New Class + Objective
SIDEKICK
"Henchman, squire, handmaiden... You have been chosen to serve a Master, the great hero of the Exiled Kingdoms: your companion! This tale isn't about you. It's about the heroic journey of your companion. Be humble and let them shine for once!

New Class + Objectives
WITCH OF OROGG
"Treacherous spies and ruthless assassins, the Witches of Orogg command wild animals and hold ancient knowledge of Poisons, Necromancy and Earth magic..."

New Class, Objectives & Teamwork
PRIEST OF THE ELEVEN
"The Old Imperial Religion's greatest power was its hierarchomancy, the art of cooperative magic. Through strict order and harmonious obedience, it is said its priests could turn any peasants into glorious, holy warriors..."

New Class, Lore & Puzzle
NECROMANCER
"By day, you cower before the unforgiving sun. But at night, cold and death are yours to command! The art of necromancy allows you to extract life and mana from the bones of the dead, and you pride yourself in your grim collection of children skulls, demons' severed heads and unhallowed remains of holy men..."

New Class, Objectives & Teamwork
LORESEEKER
"Tired of being a hero? Sick of having to save the world? Say no more! At the Royal Loreseeker Academy, our students are scrawny little bookworms. No need for prowess nor valor: to become a Loreseeker, all you need is a green shirt, a sharp mind, and a passion for books!"

New Class + Objectives
SAILOR
"Pirates, corsair princes and sea merchants have sailed for years in search of the fabled treasure of Malan, the greatest explorer of the Old Empire. Where are they now, you ask? Probably lost at sea, drunk on too much Friguld rum... Tell me, sailor: how well can you hold your liquor?"

New Class, Lore & Objectives
TOLASSIAN HIGH PRIEST OF TOL
"Your ancient culture believed life was just a temporary journey, and death an eternal one. Each life was spent preparing death, building tombs in which to reside eternally. You've been dead for centuries, sleeping in your tomb, yet you wonder... What lies beyond eternity?"

New Class + Objectives
VARANNARI ALBINO
"Varannari born with white skin, you've been shun by your own people like an impiri. And the impiri see you as one of their own, because of the color of your skin. You never were green enough..."

New Class + Objectives
ARCANE KNIGHT
"Magic is a wild animal to be tamed, a monster to be shackled and broken into obedience. Such is the Code of Steel of the Arcane Knights of Thuram. To weave magic without discipline is to invite disaster. Remember Deepfrost..."

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Sadly no, I'm not that good of an artist. The images are from my secret DnD stash of beautiful art found randomly on the web. I don't have the artists' names, which is a bummer.
Post automatically merged:    

Nice, I start to wonder about the art too, since they have similar style and color palettes.

And more than never I need to bring back that sniper mage...

What the hell is a Sniper Mage? I want one. I neeeeed one...

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
My dream is to be able to use the Ark's bow with my mage. Because it fires like an alien space gun. And it's cool. We need a "Space Engineer" skill to use all Muud'ari tech and fly the spaceship.

But seriously, I hope we get to see Noutamet in Archaelund!!! I want my alien space gun.

Wojd

Beautifull creativity!

The image of the Witch of Orogg its off.

Like a player, I just dont like the Varannari Albino, i like the way if the Varannaris have the social prejudice, and the fight of then to change the status quo of the invaders. Varannaris looks like the more contemporany and original class if i know (unless the creator create an astronaut excentric too).

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Beautifull creativity!

The image of the Witch of Orogg its off.

Like a player, I just dont like the Varannari Albino, i like the way if the Varannaris have the social prejudice, and the fight of then to change the status quo of the invaders. Varannaris looks like the more contemporany and original class if i know (unless the creator create an astronaut excentric too).

The Albino idea was essentially because there are no green skined portraits to choose from when creating our character. And Varannari call us impiri all the time. It was a way to play as Varannari without breaking the game's realism. But yeah, now I no longer care and prefer to reimagine dialogues in my head loll.

The Varannari story in the game is great, I agree with you. They're victims of colonialism and bigotry, like Natives, black people, immigrants, even LGBTQ+ folks. I was really excited when David gave us the last update with the Elder Forest and the Last of the Legion quest.

Right now I'm trying out a new idea, the Varannari Shaman. I'm currently level 7 and can summon a level 10 Bear and a level 10 Spirit Wolf! The wolf is extremely powerful, much more than I am! It's awesome lol. But storywise, I'm looking for a way to fight for Varannari freedom against the impiri. The most extreme way to do this would be to drop Mercian reputation to hostile and fight them, but maybe the objectives could be a bit more reasonable, like hunting down slavers via Mercian townhalls. If you have any idea, I'm open to suggestions!

Last edited:

Wojd

The Albino idea was essentially because there are no green skined portraits to choose from when creating our character. And Varannari call us impiri all the time. It was a way to play as Varannari without breaking the game's realism. But yeah, now I no longer care and prefer to reimagine dialogues in my head loll.

The Varannari story in the game is great, I agree with you. They're victims of colonialism and bigotry, like Natives, black people, immigrants, even LGBTQ+ folks. I was really excited when David gave us the last update with the Elder Forest and the Last of the Legion quest.

Right now I'm trying out a new idea, the Varannari Shaman. I'm currently level 7 and can summon a level 10 Bear and a level 10 Spirit Wolf! The wolf is extremely powerful, much more than I am! It's awesome lol. But storywise, I'm looking for a way to fight for Varannari freedom against the impiri. The most extreme way to do this would be to drop Mercian reputation to hostile and fight them, but maybe the objectives could be a bit more reasonable, like hunting down slavers via Mercian townhalls. If you have any idea, I'm open to suggestions!

I agree. This is exactly why the Varannar are the most original class of the moment.

Varannar could be a "Type" of character, it would certainly have the aptitudes of its nature, as well as specific missions where it was born (although it always bumps into its ethnic line, it can happen that a player is born in a different community than that of varannar, if the gameplay allow), in any case it could venture into the specialty that the other classes do, as it would any other. It is up to the player to choose the subsequent class/guild/affinity.

Guy! This tape (📼/🎥/means thing/story) is very controversial/political, only in the war of confrontation the Mercians would destroy everything, they are veery preparated, in addition to the other kingdoms being full of cowards. Maybe Thuram will hold these guys back, but knowing the Thuramians, they'll watch this war on magic screens and earn good popcorn money before getting involved. Certainly the Varannari would be the philosopher's stone, however much they gained political power, if not among the Exiled Realms, then among the other non-Andorian realms, as well as by their Nature, ancient and as yet very little known.