Centurian Lesane

Wardre11

Recieved the subject as a quest from Freetown. For some reason I'm finding him and his soldiers surprisingly hard to beat. If anyone has some advice I'd like to hear from you. Also, centurions and soldiers appear to be missing from both NPC and beastiary lists on the EK wiki.

~Thanks

Wardre11

I'm a level 17 warrior, currently with the magma long sword. I have a level 14-15 warrior follower (can't remember her name) With upgrades my strength is at 9 and my endurance is 8. Using a different weapon (obvi.) I destroyed Flame Profit. My follower most often weilds Cruelty. For whatever reason the Centurion is hard for me.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Centurians in the Town Hall Quests are a notable step up in difficulty than the Decurions -- they do more damage and have a lot higher armor. If you are using 1-handed weapons (esp short swords or daggers) you might struggle to do any damage.

Suggestions: lots of potions (might, healing, shield), Grissenda as a Companion, Summon (wolf or elemental) and a mercenary (might be hard to get a mercenary into Blue Rock Castle alive).

Also, when the Centurain appears in Blue Rock Castle, it seems nearly impossible to divide the soldiers apart.Once one gets triggered, they attack in mass.

If they spawn near the dire wolf chamber, you can free the dire wolves to attack the Centurain but the wolves die pretty quickly.

VDX_360

Staff member
Wardre11":2r9jwj2f said:
.... For whatever reason the Centurion is hard for me.
My agility warrior failed that exact same Town Hall quest for the same reason. I wonder if that quest is bugged? My agility warrior (on Hard) simply couldn't do enough damage. Haven't gotten that exact town hall quest again. If I do, I'll note any oddities about it. Playing through with a different set-up.

Schnolhamor

Wield Cruelty yourself instead of Grissanda.

Replace sheld expert with two-handed mastery.

Train heavyhand, duel, whirlwind as well.

Keep 3 90 hp potions and use Hilga as a companion with maxed healing as low hp for her as possible and no other mana consuming skill.

Max her mana by putting her trait points into PER and INT.

Equip her with mana increasing gear.

You should be able to beat them now.

VDX_360

Staff member
@Bellente , a bit of a necro post from five years ago, but I see it's on topic.

So the game has changed over the last five years, include a melee boost to damage for all classes.

When you first come across the Centurions, they are much harder than other enemies. That's by design. They're supposed to be really tough knights. High defense. High damage.

You might benefit from using good tactics fighting them, and using a few potions (i.e. Giant Strength) to help break through that defense.

As you gain a few levels, and get better equipment, those pesky Centurions will get a lot easier.