Carrion Lord and magma greatstaff

SolbergX

i killed the zombie dragon and demonic spider, several times trying to get the magma greatstaff, and no drop, so now i went to the sewers of horrors and i killed carrion lord 5 times and it keeps dropping same things and no magma greatstaff..
I have a level 22 summoner mage, currently at ashen wastes area, almost going to Ark

Any suggestions?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well there is an option but I don't think you would like that...

Find a black cat and some blood of a first born and burn it during full moon at an altar for the RNG God :twisted:

It's all about luck, so just try it again till you get that, there is no easy way to get the loot :lol:

VDX_360

Staff member
First, the game was changed a long time ago to prevent farming the same boss for different loot. So re-loading a game to re-fight the same enemy is unlikely to work. It's also considered a no-no topic on this forum (rule prohibit discussing exploits, mods and cheats).

Second, because the Magma Greatstaff is dropped by rumor boss Red and White dragon, you have an unlimited amount of chances to get it. It will just take a long time.

Random drops can be a pain. And sometimes really hard to get. See a really nerdy breakdown of RNG reality here:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/forum/vi ... t=binomial

For reference, here's all the places that could drop the Magma Greatstaff
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/ind ... Greatstaff

On a similar frustrating note, the Iron Golem's Fist is a very solid weapon for Clerics. It's a game changer if you get it early. But, it has a low drop rate with a finite number of iron golem's that can drop it. So, pretty common for people to play the game without every getting one.

VDX_360

Staff member
Rumor bosses appear in the background and are randomly generated. Level restrictions apply to the type of Rumor Boss that will appear (see link below). IF a Rumor Boss exists on the world, you have a chance to learn about it when Gossiping. To the best of my knowledge, the chance to learn a rumor is indifferent to the City / Tavern.

Gossip about Rumor Bosses and Town Hall Quest follow a similar process. Each successful gossip learns a bit about each Town Hall Quest / Rumor Boss in the following order:

1) The Region (general area) of the world. E.g. Northern Varsilia.
2) The Grid (a single map) of the world. E.g. Northwest Sagar Forest.
3) The Location on the map, -or-or in a dungeon. E.g., to the northwest by the mountains, -or- in side Gorx Lair.
4) If in a dungeon, the fourth rumor will tell you the Location inside the dungeon, e.g. to the north in the throne room.

Keep in mind that Town Hall Quests and Rumor Bosses can appear behind secret doors and on easily missed spots of the map.

Wiki link of Rumor Bosses:
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/ind ... Encounters

Yegor

Here is my story.
I killed elemental lord (not sure if traanslation of boss name is correct) white dragon lvl 17.
And pick up magma greatstaff from first try.
Then I entered next room where found my death from 4 bosses over 23lvl.
I tried hard for 3 days (around 4 hours a day) keeping killing this dragon - I cleaned the dungeon, exit and entered then was just running to last location and killing the boss over and over (2 minutes each try)
Finally I loot magma greatstaff & mirosian breastplate at once.
So the quastion is closed - just keep trying hard and you will get it

Last edited:

Deleted member 30241

Here is my story.
I killed elemental lord (not sure if traanslation of boss name is correct) white dragon lvl 17.
And pick up magma greatstaff from first try.
Then I entered next room where found my death from 4 bosses over 23lvl.
I tried hard for 3 days (around 4 hours a day) keeping killing this dragon - I cleaned the dungeon, exit and entered then was just running to last location and killing the boss over and over (2 minutes each try)
Finally I loot magma greatstaff & mirosian breastplate at once.
So the quastion is closed - just keep trying hard and you will get it
Why necropost tho? Pls try to avoid replying into old threads. Just don't do it again.