Can't find save file or backup to the cloud

WeirdWurd

When I export to file I can't find it using a file manager downloaded from play store, checked and searched for ek.bak and found nothing. Checked SD card, checked internal...

When I export to the cloud the game crashes, I am logged in to google play games via the game ok.

v1.2.1123

Storage permissions have been allowed for app.

Last edited:

p4ran0id

Staff member
When I export to file I can't find it using a file manager downloaded from play store, checked and searched for ek.bak and found nothing. Checked SD card, checked internal...

When I export to the cloud the game crashes, I am logged in to google play games via the game ok.

v1.2.1123

Try total commander, it's best one for Android (and open source without any adds)

You find it in your main storage, just scroll down to see it (don't get confused, I have lot of backups for different situations or testing, normally there will only be one EK.bak file)
Screenshot-20200316-155214.png

WeirdWurd

Tried Total Commander, it's not there, I thought it might be a permissions thing so I checked and EK has full data permissions. I also noticed that upon attempting to restore saves from file out comes up with file not found.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Something seems very weird with your device. Have you tried to reinstall the game (Uninstall and install again)

Could backup should work with last version, not sure if David already released it or if it's still on beta. But file export is really strange, specially if not even the game can find the backup.

What's your device and wich Android version do you have.?

Dight

Hi guys!

I have also been experiencing issues similar to WeirdWurd's.

Whenever I try to export my saves to a file, the game states that the backup was successful. However, when attempting to restore said backup, the game indicates that no backup file was found.

In the recent past, I have been able to backup my saves to a physical file and then view it through my WinRAR app. Unfortunately, the physical file never shows up in the root directory anymore.

In addition, the game also crashes whenever I try to backup my saves to the cloud.

The timing of these issues coincided with the Google Play "login" issue that was recently fixed.

I assumed that these issues were specific to my device and have been creeping this forum for the past couple weeks to see if anyone else was experiencing the same set of problems.

Here are my respective stats:
  1. Pixel 3a
  2. Android 10
  3. Exiled Kingdoms v1.2.1123
Thanks for making such a incredible game, David! I love how hard the game is and how severely it punishes in-game mistakes.

It has taught me to always be completely and perfectly prepared 😉

WeirdWurd

Something seems very weird with your device. Have you tried to reinstall the game (Uninstall and install again)

Could backup should work with last version, not sure if David already released it or if it's still on beta. But file export is really strange, specially if not even the game can find the backup.

What's your device and wich Android version do you have.?

Samsung GS9
Android 10

I'm concerned that I'll lose my save if I uninstall the game, however I might get a new phone today so I guess that could happen anyway... So much progress potentially lost!

Same deal as Dight, and I might also say I am LOVING this game!

Dight

Hi p4ran0id!

I am so sorry! I somehow posted my message without noticing your new response 😅

Not only did I try uninstalling and reinstalling but I also installed the game after "factory" resetting my phone.

The problem persisted...

I have a feeling an Android update (there have been many recently) may be preventing apps from writing to the root directory.

Hiya WeirdWurd! Thanks for taking the time to post this problem!

Do NOT uninstall unless advised to. I lost my treasured ironman mage run 😢

p4ran0id

Staff member

v1.2.1123

Not sure if last beta is already released, but it's worth a try

David updated the Google play games libraries and it should solve the problem with cloud backup. At least you can save your character that way.

Don't know how your problem happens, don't have android 10 device for testing, maybe something changed with rights or sandbox. But it's worth to try the last update and cloud save.

I could tell you how to do it manually, but you will need root for that, so don't think it will help you (with root you can use titanium backup or manually copy the folder in /data/data)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
CONFIRMED ISSUE: Android 10 new permissions are messing with the cloud save and file export features. I'll work on it as fast as possible, sorry for the inconvenience.