Cannot start "The Missing Missionary" quest.

MoldyCleavage

I had previously gotten a necklace, that was supposed to be returned to Brother De FreFre, however I never started this quest, but I have the necklace. When I approach him, he doesn't give me any opportunity to start the quest. I am under the impression maybe I prematurely got the necklace, and in doing so, I can't start, let alone finish this quest? Any advice or reply would be amazing, thank you.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
First, make sure it's this necklace we're talking about: Brother Ladan's Holy Symbol.

Second, check your journal carefully. The necklace shouldn't be obtainable before the quest was started. So have also a look at the list of completed quests. You can keep the necklace after finishing the quest. Maybe you already completed it and just forgot?

Let's assume (by some bug) you got the necklace and indeed never started the quest. Then you should still be able to trigger the quest by speaking to Brother De Frere. There should be a dialogue option "Can I be of service to The Three?". If this line isn't there, it means the game thinks you already started the quest. Which brings us back to the second point above.

If nothing of the above reveals an error on your side, than it may indeed be a bug.

VDX_360

Staff member
I wonder if you got the necklace for Lady of the Night, which can be picked up anytime?

Did you find a necklace on ice ruins on a the Icemist Fjord map, just north of the Icemist access teleport? (Amulet of Whispers, raises Awareness)? If so, that's the Lady of the Night necklace.

The Missing Missionary's amulet is found in a large fire area with fire elementals, so it tends to stand out if you picked it up (only appears when Missing Missionary quest is active).

It wouldn't be the first time a player grabbed the Amulet of Whispers thinking it was the missing missionary's amulet.

RPGbestgurl

Could you help me please

Is the necklace called "Sister Calvind Holy Symbol"?
If so then i got it before i started the quest and when i actually DID start the quest he wont accept the necklace

If that isnt the necklace then ive been to the fire area countless times and ive only been able to search the body the necklace was in and it doesnt have any other loot in it

VDX_360

Staff member
@RPGbestgurl , a bit of a necro post but I can tell you tried to find the answer before asking so let's see what we can do.

It looks like you are confusing two different quests.

The Missing Missionary is given in Icemist. It's amulet is "Brother Ladan's Holy Symbol" you find on a body in a field of fire in Deepfrost Glacier.

The Moon Children is given in Nivarian. It's amulet is "Sister Calvin's Holy Symbol," which you find on a body in a werewolf camp.

So try taking the correct amulet to each quest giver.