Can someone explain how weapon precisely functions?

Ivan the Immigrant

Example:

Bluesteel Greatsword
Damage 6-15
Speed 9

Cruelty(greatsword)
Damage 6-15
Speed 9, +4 fire

Now, what is the difference? This additional 4 fire damage points, do they apply only when battling trolls or do they apply on other enemies as well?

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
The damage is a minimum and a maximum of the weapon so 6-15 means atleast 6 damage each hit and a maximum of 15 damage..... its mostly random......

The speed is the x number of hits in a second.... do you hit a enemie 5 times a second or 15 times.... ( extreme exemple.... ) its all about the totall damage you do to the enemie in a second.

1-1 + 2 speed
2-2 + 1 speed
This means the weapons do the same damage each second......

The faster the weapon the more damage you do in a second to kill faster
A massive slow weapon is heavy and slow but the damage is higher to compensate the speed.....

Now comes the trick always check the extra skill ( elemental damage )

This is a damage you do each hit to all enemies ( except wen enemie has a resist to a typ of elemental damage but ) overall no matter who you hit it will get the elemental damage to....

I use a med weapon with high speed and high elemental damage.... its mostly the best combo.

Now for the info if you have a 6-15 +4 fire weapon you do 10-19 ....... 6 minimum + 4 fire and 15 + 4 fire.... so in the end you always hit the enemie with atleast 4 fire damage and the 6 - 15 is random high much you hit the opponent.

You understand it now...?

Ivan the Immigrant

Yes thank you, I get that part. But still, why does Rancor splashes fire only when hitting trolls and why do those weapons with death additional damage points splash death sparks only when hitting wraiths and deathknights?

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Hmmm never noticed the effect on that.....well trolls are affraid for fire... i think its just a grafic isseu.... later in the future more effect grafics will be added i think.... it has nothing to do with the damage or weapon it self

VDX_360

Staff member
There's a graphic for when weapons HEAL enemies (fire weapons on fire demons, death weapons on wraiths etc).

Ivan the Immigrant

^Are you saying that when hitting fire demons with fire weapons and wraiths with death weapons, I am actually healing them???? Because if that's so than I've been doing something very wrong.... :lol:

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Ivan the Immigrant":1ye64n7v said:
^Are you saying that when hitting fire demons with fire weapons and wraiths with death weapons, I am actually healing them???? Because if that's so than I've been doing something very wrong.... :lol:
Yep, I'm afraid that's true. My advice: enable the battle log (in settings), which will tell you exactly how much damage you deal and whether enemies get healed or not.

Ivan the Immigrant

Yes in deed, I've just checked it out. That's why I had big problem with deadknights and vangefull wraights. I was using Maul of Desecration on them thinking that additional death points apply only to them because of mentioned graphical effect. But all the time I was healing them instead of damaging them. Now I suspect they are probably healed of the amount of additional death points.

Example:

Maul of Desecration:

Damage: 7-15, +7 death

So if applied on death knight or vangefull vraight it goes:

Instead of:

(7+7)-(15+7) = 14-23 damage

It does:

(7-7)-(15-7) = 0-7 damage

Right?