Can i farm in the ark with these gear

Ipalalien

My recovery skill is max, and i want to find robes and ring of traveller in ark, and some weapon and armor for my companion.

And i playing in hard mode

Last edited:

Equinox

The ark is really hard as a battlemage, but it can be done, finding the tesla emitter will help. Look in the rooms on the way to the force belt for both the flexifiber robe and the tesla emitter. That's where I found them both, after about 3 or 4 runs, it took me ages. Your gear looks good, take loads of shock potions for the steel wizards. And use the med bays and an ancient battery to prime you before any major encounters. Your dps looks really low, how's your agility? High agility is essential for using a wand, and more useful than a staff, imo, trait boosting for the staff requires strengh, a muscle bound mage appears comical in my imagination.

Last edited:

Ipalalien

Yeah my dps low because i only use wand for the pushback and the off-hand slot.

Should i change it to staff for high damage? But i really like playing mage as elementalist.

Maybe elementalist mage but using staff.

Commiades

I'd get Wand IV and Death Cloud I. They won't even touch you. I'd also aim to be a better Wand Mage (but that's me - more AGI and AWA) and get Body Development for in the Ark Reactor.

VDX_360

Staff member
Mages are well served by maxing out their weapon skills. So if you're using a wand, max out Wand Mastery.

The Ark might be difficult for an elementalist mage, but it's very doable. Lighten bolt will do heavy damage. You might want to pack a few summon scrolls to help keep the spiders off you. Even Lessor Summon 1 for the shock imp would help out a lot (steel wizards only do shock damage so imp is invincible to them).