Buying back rare or unique items that have been sold?

Cuckoorex

I think it would be nice to be able to buy back items (at a much higher cost, of course) that we've inadvisedly sold, back from the same shop we sold it. For example, i sold the Maul of Desecration and now I regret that. Just a thought...

VDX_360

Staff member
This topic comes up periodically. The consensus seems to be a notable amount of players would like an ability to recover, or buyback, rare or unique items that were sold or dropped accidentally, or sold on purpose but later wanted back.

However, it seems a buyback option will either be a low priority for a distant future update or not at all. So at this time, you just have to find a better piece of equipment or wait till an update includes something better.

Oh, the accidental sell happened to me when I went to sell 2 Primal Icicles and accidentally sold all 3 I had in my inventory, removing my go-to weapon for my Companion. Instantly noted the problem but didn't want to re-load from a previous save because of another rare item I found. I had to use slightly lessor weapon until I found another Primal Icicle. In my case, it was a rare drop, but not impossible to get back.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Cutrently shops don't include a dynamic inventory in the same way a container does; they simply list a fixed selection of items.

I don't discard changes that would allow item re-purchase, but just like it happens with other requests, the change isn't trivial. I have to work with "live" data in the savegames of hundreds of thousands of players. For this reason, I discard this kind of change until after 1.0.