[BUG] v7.886 companion froze

Skillit

I was doing a few orc lair runs this morning and everything was fine, quick saved right outside the stairs then shut down the app because I had to do some things. Got back on this evening and noticed that Gressinda wasn't following me once inside the lair. I killed a few orcs then brought one back to her, it just kept smacking her until she died without her doing anything to the orc. Then I continued into the dungeon and she respawned, I was finally able to push her when walking into her again but she still did not follow me. Also, now she would fight back against the orcs but would only teleport to me when I got so far. I use speed potions to get from point A to B and teleport to town with a scroll. Idk if either of those have anything to do with it, she's never messed up on me before. After trying a few things, I found a fix to this problem.

I had to make her stop following me (tell her I didn't need her anymore), talk with her in her town and tell her not right now, then she disappeared again. Finally I slept at the inn for 6hrs, then 12hrs (Could probably just do 12hrs) and took her back to the orcs. Even after resting at the inn she still didn't walk to follow me close like usual. Only after getting an orc to hit her she was fixed and luckily still works after saving and reloading the game.

I know I've seen posts about permanently frozen companions, but this is version 0.7.886. So, I hope this helps someone and isn't spam, nor spoil anyone.

I tried to upload a pic of her getting hit over 10 times with no retaliation but it says file is too big... I'll shut up now lol

tal

happend to me even before 7.886
also a lot of times the companion just stuck behind me after she push the mobs and cant attack them
the ai need some tweaking

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please, go to Continue Game and generate a Backup file. Then email it to me using the button in main menu. And thanks for reporting, I thought I had fixed this one...