[Bug] Scroll of Restoration getting having no effect

VDX_360

Staff member
Twice in a row, the Circle of Restoration was used but had no effect. The scroll was consumed and mana was used but the Main Character wasn' t healed and the Companion was not woken up from being unconscious.

This is a rare issue that's been reported infrequently. First time it's been observed happing twice in a row so reporting here to start tracking.

Details:
Mage as Main Character, Hirge as Companion. A Level 18 Iron Golem was summoned and unconscious. Hirge was unconscious. Fighting Kurg King in Kurga Cave.

First guess: Having a defeated summon on the screen messed with the scroll????
Will try to re-create later.

VDX_360

Staff member
It happened again. One scroll didn't work, but was consumed. Second scroll worked normally.
Still not able to re-create.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Super weird, I'll look into the code and see what could be the cause

Dmitri

Loreseeker
Hm, that's very weird, maybe it's the bug in your save files but it's working for me without a problem?

VDX_360

Staff member
Scroll of Restoration has had a very rare hiccup where it doesn't work. It's been reported off and on for years. The Challenge has been it's such a rare hiccup, it's been impossible to re-create or narrow down. It's the challenge with intermittent bugs. This thread was started to try to start tracking it to see it can get located.

batrachotox

Not sure if related, but I've noticed that if you try to use an item while attacking, it'll not work.

VDX_360

Staff member
When you say "not work" do you mean the item won't get used, or will get used up but have no effect?

VDX_360

Staff member
No worries. With tracking down bugs, exact details are helpful. Thanks.

So if other items have the same issue, than that might be the bug and I just noticed it with the Scroll of Restoration.

So working theory: During the attack animation, using items will sometimes result in the item getting consumed but having no effect.