[Bug] Option to take Sonnet does not appear in Spanish version

SirLunático

Hello, I had a problem with this object. Yesterday I explored and got all the items required by the "Ancient Verses" quest. I went to Castle BlueRock, entered and returned to the statue with all the objects. By placing all of them on the statue, I proceeded to kill the nightwalker. The problem is that when I try to pick up the weapon, the option does not appear, it only appears to me "take everything" and when I click, then I can not throw the weapon and/or sell it.

VDX_360

Staff member
That is odd?

Do you have a save state prior to entering the castle (area-auto save?). Maybe load that save, reload the game and try again. It might be a weird one-off loading issue?

SirLunático

Sorry, I change the idiome because the idiome is in spanish, and now I reload the game in inglish and now I can take them... sorry for the inconvenience, I'm new in the forum

I'll put the game in spanish again and the bug is again... Is an error of the idiome?

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
My best guess: The translation has an extra line of text which bumps the "Take" button off the bottom of the screen.

Updated Thread tittle to better reflect nature of post.

Stand by for a review by the technical staff.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The description text is simply too long and therefore disorders the UI, exactly as you suspected, VDX.

That's actually one of the big challenges of the translations: to keep the texts as short as in the English version. The whole UI seems to be tailored to it and weird looking things can happen if texts get too long. In this case, however, David is the only one to blame, since he is solely responsible for the Spanish translation. 😏

SirLunático

The description text is simply too long and therefore disorders the UI, exactly as you suspected, VDX.

That's actually one of the big challenges of the translations: to keep the texts as short as in the English version. The whole UI seems to be tailored to it and weird looking things can happen if texts get too long. In this case, however, David is the only one to blame, since he is solely responsible for the Spanish translation. 😏
Ohh, really thank's. sorry for the inconvenience

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'll try to workaround this by setting a maximum height for the description