[BUG] monsters not aggroing or reacting

tal

game updated today...
So i tried to travel to freetown and kill some trolls on the way
first the npc still stucking behind me on open spaces and dont attack
and on the pic.. the troll just stand next to me and looked at me killing his friend
he didnt move until i start attacking him.

sQyEQG7.jpg

im abit off this days( tests month on uni + a 1 year kid)
but ill try to be more active

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: think it's a bug BETA 0.7.923

That's strange, but please, whenever your companion is stuck... generate a backup and email it to me! only by looking at the AI data I can fix things.

TopNotch

Same happened to me, but with a Dire Wolf. The wolf just stood there, I couldn't attack it and neither did it attack me. When I restarted the game, it disappeared.
And, I don't know if it's already mentioned, but sometimes I see lightning somewhere in the map (the lightning when you use a lightning weapon and attack), after respawning from death, and it disappears after some seconds.

tal

happend again..both cases, which mail to send too?

sVVDhLT.jpg

gnuSID4.jpg

TlbnCoA.jpg

tal

i have on root
ek_907.bak
ek_911.bak
ek_918.bak
ek.bak

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

ek.bak is the one you export using the Backup function from the menu. the others are made automatically when you install a test update, you can delete if you want

feldon

Loreseeker

I posted a similar bug in the test thread. To clarify, its not the companion getting stuck, it is the monsters. The monsters will not engage you even if you are right next to them.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator

feldon":3pb6bb7m said:
I posted a similar bug in the test thread. To clarify, its not the companion getting stuck, it is the monsters. The monsters will not engage you even if you are right next to them.

yeah I think it can affect any NPC. Moving to support, and please, whenever there is a monster in that situation, save and exit, generate backup, and email it, so I can see what is going on in their tiny brain.

Of course if upon reloading the AI reacts, then it will be harder to find.

Dragonborn

this happened to me as well with a few Wolf's, but only enough, when killing the non aggro wolf, it showed that I killed another wolf that was not visible. Only when I moved to face it did it attack me.

I was a warrior with a cleric follows.