Bug in the prodigal daughter quest

Kareem

Before talking to the under mother I accidentally killed the flame prophet and she didn't drop anything because she was killed by a vorator and now after activating the prodigal daughter quest the flame prophet does appear at all

VDX_360

Staff member
This might be less of a true bug than a failed quest state?

Similar to the Defending the Outpost quest, it might be useful if there was a way to make sure the Daughter appears when triggering the Flame Prophet.

Alternatively, having your quest journal update for a record of the death so you can complete the quest once it starts (e.g. "Oh, I already killed her..." dialogue option).

There are more than enough ways to get black shards in the game (unlimited if you count hunting rumor bosses). So, you're not stuck in the game. You just don't get the option on the flame prophet's pendant, or her help with the Undermother.

Moved to Support.

Kareem

I already collected all the shards I just want to complete the quest but before even starting it the flame prophet was killed by a vorator and she didn't appear again

VDX_360

Staff member
This is something the Developer @DavidBVal will have to review. If she's getting killed by enemies before the quest starts, than it's a very similar issue to the Defending the Outpost quest.