Bug hunters! Let's chase together these old, sneaky bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I have a quest for you, adventurers. Yes, it is another bug hunt, so be ready to get dirty and bloody, for an always scarce reward. :mrgreen:

There's a few old issues that are not easy for me to reproduce and fix, I'll list them here in this first post, together with the status of the fix; if you find again some bug that is, in theory, already fixed, please report. If you find some clues about how to reproduce a certain bug in this list, tell me.

--------------

Wrong spawns, typically monsters in town after you reload: what happens is that the game spawns the wrong "cached area" into a map on ocassion after a reload.

Status: Fix CONFIRMED after 0.6.886, if it happens to you, please report it to me.

-------------

Pathing issue: companions and sometimes enemies, when they're close to their target, begin to walk back and forth instead of attacking.

-------------

Changes in game speed: suddenly the speed of attack and/or animation could go up and down, which would even affect DPS drastically.

--------------

Black screen at start of new game: it goes away after you open and close any game window

Kennnethor

Okay waiting for next version to test, challenge accepted!

Yeah I've seen both things happen, if it's fixed I'll notice pretty quickly.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Okay hunters, I need someone to make this happen and provide me some info: when you start a new game, you get a black screen, although some actions can make the game start as usual (entering settings and activating log, for isntance).

I can't reproduce this, so I'm unable to fix it... if this has happened to you, or, even better, if happens every time you start a new game, please get in touch with me.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
the black screen that appears on creation (sometimes), is in theory, fixed after .872. If any of you gets a black screen as the game begins, please tell me!

Karni1

Hey David,
Started today a new game and got the black screen. Happened the second time in a row.
Anything else I can help with?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Karni1":1fu2buip said:
Hey David,
Started today a new game and got the black screen. Happened the second time in a row.
Anything else I can help with?

Hello, thanks for telling me. Version was 872? Happens every time?

Karni1

Version 870 and I tried it 4 more times and didn't get the bug so don't know what to make of it....

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the fix came with 872, so it's normal that you still get it. And yes, it is intermittent and VERY annoying. but I sincerely believe it is gone now, as it is a matter of the game started as "paused", and it goes away by simply opening any window and closing it (because game is unpaused)

Stil, as I have never been able to reproduce it, it's all assumption. If anyone playing 872+ gets that error, report!

Soulwing96

I'm at the point of the web of terror quest where I check the blue barrier, but I have no idea where to go next. I talked to the royal guard outside and he tells me he hopes I find a way. And in my quest journal it still says in red that a web of terror quest is still in development and can't be completed. I am not too sure if this is a bug or not since the quest page and the update said it was complete able.
oh, nevermind I found the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.