Bug Bug: Game freezes when immediately dying upon entering a new area.

Something doesn't work as it should
Platform
Android

AlphaWolf

Thyr Ridges > Cave of Echos > concealed entrance > ascended down elevator without passing trait check to avoid sustaining damage > exceeded remaining health pts and died > system attempted to load screen though I died > screen frozen > buttons unresponsive > force close required per all apps button/back button.

..... have a screenshot of the error but apparently you do not allow link sharing on first posts... annoying? Yes

Mod Note: Edit to tittle to better reflect nature of post.

Post automatically merged:    

VDX_360

Staff member
This is a known issue with no easy fix. Most devices do the transition fine, but if there's a limited memory issue or any number of oddities, the game can slow down or freeze.

It tends to get triggered when you die upon immediately entering an area, often before the area is actually fully loaded. There's only a few ways to do that.

VDX_360

Staff member
@AlphaWolf , I'll address your concern about the inability to post images on a first post. That's an anti-spam issue. So having to wait for a few posts before posting images is a tiny inconvenience compared to having to deal with waves of spam.

Also, screenshots tend not to be that helpful in reporting most bugs. For example, all five of the "bugs" you reported were not only known, but easily described in a few words. Which leads to the gentle reminder about forum rules. Please use short, informative tittles when making posts. They really do help a lot. It makes it easier to skim the threats, to locate threads and to keep track of bug reports.

Thanks and have a wonderful week.

AlphaWolf

Though, that is not what happened here. I died and it still attempted to load the next area. There is a mark there by the log at the top showing i died. Being that i died, it loaded the save slot screen in the background and was overlayed with the loading screen text. There is an easy way to fix this, check that hp is not 0 and add +1
Post automatically merged:    

Not positive about which coding language is used, but I was basically thinking like an if else kinda thing here could resolve the issue ;) thank you for your correspondence btw

Last edited: