[Bug] Double pelt drop (Reliably recreated)

VDX_360

Staff member
@DavidBVal : I have a save file in which a wolf drops two pelts, both a Prefect Pelt and a Damaged Pelt. Still trying to track down that oddity?

In the save file, there are three wolves just north of the player. One of the three has dropped both pelt types on a dozen file loads. I think it's the same wolf just in a slightly different spot on each load.

For my own tacking, the save file is my Holy Cleric playthrough test, Game File 2 (Gretta Farshaw), Save File 4.

My best guess on this long standing oddity is that is an issue with the loot table allowing both pelts to have a chance to drop???

Perhaps related to this issue, the map loads with only two of the three Varannari Hunters spawn (the one that talks is missing), and there are two white wolves where there is normally one white wolf.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Think that each item has independent drop chance, so it is possible. Not sure though.

VDX_360

Staff member
That's my thought but a very, very long time ago, David mention he was trying to track down the double drop bug. He may have found it and resolved it. I've seen a few double drops on every playthrough but this one happened with first enemy on the map so it was easy to isolate the save.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The double drop bug isn't related to this and was fixed long ago, it was actually the whole loot table rolled twice, while dropping one of each item is entirely possible with the current code. I admit it's odd to get two pelts off one wolf, but it's not a bug, it's just how the loot system works...