Bug: battles on slanted terrain, and sudden fps drops

lules

Been playing for almost 10 hours now, cant wait for the full game, shaping up to be just as fun as EK.
My only real issues are:

1. When battles start on slanted terrain, the grid can get really weird, the greater the slant the worse it gets, sometimes dissapearing
and becoming unuseable, and i cant move my characters anymore.

2. Massive fps drop when I exited the first dungeon/cave to the outside on the mountainside. At first I thought it was a bug because id been hitting 45-60fps earlier no problem, and now I was barely scratching 15, but then I took the portal stone to Port Galeb and there was no loading screen or lag whatsoever, so it must be loading the entire C8 outdoor area no matter where you are inside it, which seems like an oversight.

VDX_360

Staff member
Both are known issues.
1: Please report in the bug area which fight / location had the odd grid pattern.
2: The entire outdoor area is loaded all at once which will make for a slow down on some computers.

lules

Is this not the bug area? Can you link me?

Also, why is the entire outdoor area loaded all at once? Thats just weird, no other open world game does this, they all use LOD ranges and smaller terrain "chunks" to optimize the gameplay. Im running a pc with 16gb ram amd 3.2 ghz cpu and a nvidia gtx 560, its old sure, but if it can play the witcher 3 just fine with xbox level detail, then it shpuld be able to play archaelund at min 30 fps. A 40 fps average frame rate drop is a huge issue, even a more powrrful machine is gunna feel that.