[Bug] 20+ hits from medical enhancement if unarmed

VDX_360

Staff member
If you go for the second medical enhancement while unarmed AND with Mage Barrier active, your character gets hit with 20 separate shock attacks plus the toxic attack. Was able to reliably re-create. Toyed around with various equipment combinations, active skills, poison resistance levels, etc.

It seems it's the combination of being unarmed and have Mage Barrier active that does the trick.

Since it's the combination of being unarmed with Mage Barrier, maybe the toxic attack triggers the Mage Barrier push back, which creates a loop of you attacking you while Mage Barrier attacks you for attacking you.

I stumbled across this while removing my 2-H Staff so the off-hand Green Orb would activate to give poison resist. That backfired. To be fair, I only took a few points of poison damage.... so I have that going for me.

Attachments

• EK_2nd_Enhancement_bug_20_shock_hits.jpg
    EK_2nd_Enhancement_bug_20_shock_hits.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 8

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This bug was fixed (in theory) and should disappear in next beta, since damage from dialogues comes from you, your barrier defensive shock damage targets you, and this initiates an endless cycle.