[Big Spoilers] Ironman Mode

Azog

Im sure you know about the sircumstance, that a player can easlily exploit the ironman mode by backup the game regularily. I personally think that exploit shouldnt be given that easily by the game, and there should be an another way of backup for the ironman mode, where a player never can have access to exploit it.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I know, of course. But this is not a competitive game, ironman mode was provided by request, and I think it only appeals to maybe a 2% of the people. If someone wants to cheat on ironman... aside from scoring on the scoreboard, it'll harm no one.

Eventually I'll record the deaths of ironmen in a Hall of Fame section, so it won't be possible to restore them from backup, but I won't give this priority.

Azog

Ok then its just something that seems to bug me for some reason, since using this exploit is like saving the game in an easy way with easy access actually. I just think that even if there are 2% serious gamers who wants to play throug ironman, who doesnt think of saving on lets say lvl 10 to be on the save site, when "saving" actually is given that easily.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
well, you can do the same in every RPG in history with an ironman mode, including Roguelikes. Even when I put measures to stop it, it will just make them need to use an external backup app.

On the other hand, it overwrites all your games, so you can't progress in other slots while you do this.