Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Defeating the Forsaken in an all or nothing fight is still possible, but it's not a designed part of the game.
Using summons (even a wolf) to distract the group is useful. But since it's not really part of the game, and it's not part of the beta thread, it might be a subject better left to a different part of the forum.

RatG

Great update so far! Really like the music and landscape of elder forest. One problem is, I have 24 reputation with the varannari, and do not have a clue how to increase that. So I can't get into any of the missions in Elder forest, since, in most of the cases, minimum reputation with the varannari required is 25!

RPG GAMER.

I havent played beta but can we have some type of town hall quest to increase our reputaiton because not everyone have gone full varannari friendly

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Great update so far! Really like the music and landscape of elder forest. One problem is, I have 24 reputation with the varannari, and do not have a clue how to increase that. So I can't get into any of the missions in Elder forest, since, in most of the cases, minimum reputation with the varannari required is 25!

Complete the quest given by the Centurion at Varann Woodlands (+2/+10 rep depending on solution) , and also the one from Three-Claws (+5).

However if, in the old quests Human Resources and Price of Freedom you opted for killing/enslaving Varannari, it is by design that you can't become Friendly with them.

VDX_360

Staff member
Feedback on Balance

Make Gate 1 skill point for Level 2 (it's currently 1 for Level 1, 2 for Level 2).

During a standard playthrough, there's no point where gate is justified. Scrolls of Recall are easy to come by, and by mid-game, Teleport scrolls, Wizard Towers etc are rather affordable. (There seems to be more gold in each update).

A total of 3 Skill Points is 1.5 levels worth of skill points. That's a pretty steep skill point investment for a quality of life skill. Bringing it down to a total of 2 skill points seems more competitive. It still requires using a level-up's worth of skill points so there's still a trade off.

Intervention is 1 Skill point for Level 1, 2, 3, so are other skills in the game. So there's a precedent of some skills only being 1 point per level.

VDX_360

Staff member
Oh, sure you listen to me when I make a reasonable recommendation based on objective and quantifiable data..... But where are you when I'm drunk and asking for a Swamp Donkey? Just a trollfren sign saying "The swamp donkey isn't extinct, it's just invisible -Signed Wizard Guild. " Now, pass me that friguld rum, I got an adventure to row out to sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.