Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
So of the 7 playable races in Archaelund, only the Quartzan are left to appear in EK.

To build off of David's comment above, there seems to be a few elements of the new content that help bridge the gap between the world of EK and the world of Archaelund. It's almost like David has a plan. Almost.

And crap, it's been more than a year since Heroes Wear Masks screen shot of Archaelund. This has been a long plague.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
So of the 7 playable races in Archaelund, only the Quartzan are left to appear in EK.

To build off of David's comment above, there seems to be a few elements of the new content that help bridge the gap between the world of EK and the world of Archaelund. It's almost like David has a plan. Almost.

And crap, it's been more than a year since Heroes Wear Masks screen shot of Archaelund. This has been a long plague.

Well, I started introducing Archaelund as far back as in the Hall of Wisdom altar, and the Observatory...

Back to business: I was reported a bug about the new Gossip price discount, apparently it was not being applied when purchasing stacks nor it always enabled the "buy" button as expected. Also I'll respawn the war golem for those that were caught in the bug with the lifestone, and will fix other minor things. This will be released on build 1163, later today.

Since I touched the buy code, it'd be nice once 1163 arrives to test that, it makes me nervous to modify old tangled code from the character window, it may easily lead to weird exploits.

EDIT: 1162 was the older build, the one releasing now is 1163.

Translation: I may begin adding some files already translated. In case people in this thread missed the other post, betatesters may also begin translating the new content. See here: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/index.php?threads/ek-translation-we-need-your-help-again.18054/

Last edited:

Maxteraform

I mean, it could be something like raising Varannari rep when you fail Mercia bounty quests.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I got a report of secret doors not being detected normally, only through scrolls. It worked for me, is everyone detecting secret doors as usual?

Maxteraform

Does anyone know where to find the missing page for the prayer in "temple of the sleepers"?

VDX_360

Staff member
Unless you got caught in the update bug, you should find the page on the dead body on the far east wall, amongst the spiders.
Talk to Golem and find out about yellow building -> Read book in corner of yellow building (ghost ambush) - > Find page on body.

If you try to go to the body first, you won't be able to find the page. Your character doesn't think to look through random scraps of paper.

There was an odd set of hiccups with this quest if you had gotten the Lifestone or the page before talking to the golem. Those all should be fixed in the most recent beta update. So make sure you have the most recent version installed. That would be v. 1163.

VDX_360

Staff member
@DavidBVal , a couple of high-level secret doors in the new areas didn't trigger for me with passive searching. But I didn't wait that long.

The secret doors in witches area, the Sleepers dungeon and the last one in the new ice fortress all took a bit of effort to find. But nothing that didn't seem consistent with the game's mechanics. Those are pretty high level doors so it would take quite a bit of waiting for passive finding to trigger them?

Themightymoose

Just started playing the update - first stop solliga. Loved the captains dialogue "strange people haven't visited, almost like you couldn't walk here for port anthur..." Thanks for the update!! Loving it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.