Beta Feedback thread for update 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's time again for testing a Beta version of Exiled Kingdoms. It has been years since the last, I really missed this interaction with the players!

EDIT: please read! Most of the crashes and errors in dialogues are fixed in build 1154. Before reporting a "major" bug please make sure you have updated to latest Beta.

The purpose of this topic is reporting issues (or just general feedback) with the Beta update 1.3 from May 2021. All feedback is welcome: Crashes, imbalances, errors, typos... or, hopefully, some "quest X worked fine" posts, even.

Here is all the information about the update, including how to become a tester: https://exiledkingdoms.com/forum/in...-be-available-for-android-beta-testers.18016/

Update is already rolling out on Play Store and Steam for Testers, last build is 1160

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Paulo Raacoon , the game version should appear on the lower left of the tittle screen of the game. The Wizard rep glitch has been previously reported. It might have gotten fixed in the newest version with is v. 1160 as of this post.

VDX_360

Staff member
Sleepers Quest Bug in v. 1160

I'm stuck at a Schrodinger's cat situation with the prayer page on the dead body in the Ancient City.
The quest journal tells me to look for a missing page, but when I search the dead body, it says I've already got the page.

I -think- this hiccup is due to my quest status when v. 1160 was released.

With v. 1159, I cleared out the Ancient City, to include grabbing the prayer book and getting the quest update for that information. I was unable to ask the golem any questions. I saved the file.

I toyed with several options in the mad wizard fight per beta testing habits, including talking to the golem, etc. A bug report was made about how you couldn't talk to the golem until after the fight, even if you had a purple necklace or the prayer page. I re-loaded the file from above and continued playing the game. Note, that means no golem discussion. In v 1159, it was possible to complete the Sleepers quest twice. Once before talking to the golem. Once after talking to the golem (the golem's dialogue triggered the start of the quest).

v 1160 came out, and seems intended to solve the above.

However, I get stuck in a dead end. If I talk to the golem at all, the quest updates to needing to find more information, and in turn reading the prayer book results in the missing page update. But searching the body says I've already gotten the page, so I can't get the page to update the quest log. That results in me loosing the quest information about the prayer, with no way to get it back.

I -think- if I just skip talking to the golem than I can complete the Sleepers quest. But that means I can't start the Lifeforce gem quest.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Can you please show me your journal status of "Hard Bargainer" and "Temple of the Sleepers"?

Don't worry, I'll find a way to clear up the mess.

Commiades

@JediNxf7 :
Both your questions can be answered by going to the Solliga area. Someone in the town will start a quest that gives you access to the lower level of the mine. And in one of the new ice areas you'll find a giant skeleton. He drops it. He's on the world map in a slightly hard to reach spot.
Thanks. I did that very early and forgot about it.
Post automatically merged:    

I didn't get any new for now on new run.

another bug, I can't equip this sword, but it's 1h so should work. could it be 2h and it's missing in description?

That sword doesn't do elemental damage. You need Vampiric Blade to use it.

Fleshless

With such a command and this assembly, I defeated the demon without a single paralysis healing through large potions and scrolls and inflicting at least 80 damage per blow(not to mention the exorbitant crits).

VDX Mod Note: Congrats on beating the Level 31 demon!. However, this area is prioritized for beta testing matters, not brag posts. Deleted the numerous screen shots you attached to help keep the beta thread organized. Congrats again, through.

VDX_360

Staff member
@DavidBVal : Sleepers Quest mess.

I -think- this might have just been a map loading error. Do you still want screen shots?

Good News: If I talk to golem, quest re-sets. I can re-read the book, get update, than get page from body again. Yeah! I think that is how it's supposed to work.

Bad News: If I talk to golem, quest re-sets. If I go to the BODY first, it says I already searched the body, and than the book says I've already read it. Than I go into the limbo above.

However, leaving and updating the map seems to resolve the issue, even when it pops up above (exit the program, load a quicksave on a different map, stay at inn.) I tested it a few different ways.

I have screen shots of the issue, but due to the testing above, I don't have the auto-save that contained the issue.

So I think there was just an map loading issue semi-tied to the update. Maybe?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I really can't wrap my head around what happened...

The only way to get the "You already examined this corpse and noted it in your journal" is if quest status > 20

and if quest status >20, then you should see it that way in the journal as "I found the torn page and learned the prayer..."

I don't see how you can get the "you already examined...." dialogue if your journal, at the same time, says you need to find the page.

But yes, the one-time restart part makes sense. Coming from an old beta save where Temple of the Sleepers was initiated but you never asked about the medallion, may now cause the quest to be restarted. But you shouldn't be able to enter a loop like that anymore.

VDX_360

Staff member
Positive Feedback: The slight increase to the Ivory Ring is nice. It now grants +1 Def, +5 HP, +25 Ice, +18 Death.
The extra 7 in ice protection isn't that much in the grand scheme of things but it's a psychological thing. Somehow 25 just seems so much better than 18, esp given how rare the ring is to get.

Егор

Интересный билд волшебного рыцаря, было бы неплохо открыть возможность изучать боевые навыки у лидера гильдии воинов. В виду малого прироста hp и защитного снаряжения физ урон реально мал

Status
Not open for further replies.